This position is located at the 149th MAI SQ, San Antonio, TX. The purpose of this position is to analyze malfunctions, troubleshoot, remove, install, repair, modify, maintain, test, align, calibrate & certify the components of the aircraft electrical system the electronically & pneumatically controlled environmental system, & associated test equipment, and to certify these systems are air worthy, by intensive inspections of the Electrical/Electronic and Environmental System & peripherals.Learn more about this agency
Aircraft Electrician (Target Grade WG-11)
- Performs functional tests, analyzes performance and troubleshoots the electronic, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic and mechanical functions of the subsystems integrated into the digital brake/antiskid system, maintenance annunciation panel (MAP) system of the integrated main generator, standby generator, emergency generator, flight control power, AC/DC power distribution and sub-systems integrated into the electronic/electrical and environmental systems.
- Removes, repairs, calibrates, installs, aligns, inspects, and conducts operational performance checkouts on the components of the electronic/electrical and environmental systems.
- Provides technical guidance, advice and/or assistance to other work centers on the interrelationship of electronic/electrical and environmental systems and their respective system, to include flight controls, offensive fire control radar, weapon release, communications, hydraulic, fuel, engine and egress.
- Processes and accounts for supply assets in the repairable processing system to maintain aircraft records, inspection records, and equipment maintenance in computer systems (CAMS).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/489420100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.