This National Guard position is for a NONDESTRUCTIVE TESTER, Position Description Number D2320000and is part of 155th MXS Nebraska Air National Guard.
Learn more about this agency
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is a Title 32 excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
FOR QUESTIONS REGARDING ELIGIBILITY TO JOIN THE NEBRASKA AIR NATIONAL GUARD PLEASE CONTACT THE LOCAL RECRUITING OFFICE AT 402-309-1172.
OPEN AREAS OF CONSIDERATION: AREA 1, 2 and 3 ONLY
DEFINITION OF AREA(S) OF CONSIDERATION:
AREA 1 - Current permanent and indefinite bargaining unit Technicians of the Nebraska Army or Air National Guard
AREA 2 - All Drill Status/M-Day members and temporary Technicians of the Nebraska Army or Air National Guard
AREA 3 - Current military service members who are willing to become a member of the Nebraska Army or Air National Guard
AREA 4 - All qualified candidates eligible and willing to become a member of the Nebraska Army or Air National Guard. Selected individual must become a member of the respective National Guard prior to the date of hire.
RECRUITMENT INCENTIVE AVAILABLE: Candidate selected for this position may receive a 10% incentive for a 48-month service period; payable by lump sum or installment payments. Selected candidate must sign a written Service Agreement prior to receiving any Recruitment or Relocation Incentive payment. At a minimum, the Service Agreement must include period of service (in months and years), total amount for payment, beginning and end dates of the service period, method of payment (lump sum or installments), and the conditions for terminating the agreement.
As a NONDESTRUCTIVE TESTER, WG-3705-5/8/10, duties include:
1. Determines test method, and prepares fluids and parts for nondestructive inspection. Interprets nondestructive inspection test results, and provides information about defects to repair center. Performs Oil Spectrometry process and analyzes wear metal content on engine lubricating oil and other fluids, and recommends corrective action. Establishes radiation areas for radiographic operations. Computes and monitors personal exposure areas for radiographic operations, and monitors personnel exposure data.
2. Performs nondestructive inspection on structures, components, and systems. Detects flaws such as cracks, delaminations, voids, processing defects, and heat damage using penetrant, eddy current, magnetic particle, radiographic, optical, Thermography, Shearography and ultrasonic test equipment. Determines metallurgical information of components according to alloy, temper, conductivity, and associated factors. May also serve as Alternate TMDE Monitor, PCAMS, Alternate Equipment Custodian, Alternate Supplies Manager, Alternate Hazardous Waste Monitor, Alternate Hazardous Communication Monitor, Alternate Spill Prevention Monitor, Alternate FOD Monitor, Alternate Radiation Monitor, Alternate Technical Order Monitor, Alternate Precious Metals Monitor, and Training Monitor.
3. Applies magnetic particle and/or liquid penetrant inspection to detect and interpret the relevancy of flaws in a variety of parts. Parts are numerous and varied, and are of ferrous and/or nonferrous metals, and consist of surface or near surface discontinuities in the metal; e.g., fatigue cracks, welding overlap, cold shut, or surface cracks that may stem from internal flaws, such as pipes, inclusions, or forging lap. Sets up each different liquid penetrant or magnetic particle method following Technical Orders (TOs), Time Change Technical Orders (TCTOs), or Work Control Documents (WCDs), or Nondestructive Testing Instructions (NDIs). Ensures the equipment and solutions are in compliance with technical guides and quality standards before performing tests and must submit an AFTO 22 if defects in TO's exist or an AF 107 if there is no technical data to accompany the task. Performs all processing tasks; i.e., dipping items in penetrant or magnetic particle baths, washing and drying, magnetizing and demagnetizing ferrous items, and subjecting them to Ultra Violet Black light to detect and evaluate flaws, their nature, size, scope, and exact location. If items are repairable, records test results, and marks defect areas and dimensions. Initiates WCDs that specify the needed repairs. Re-inspects all repairs
performed on each component upon their return to the shop.
4. Uses and maintains tools. Maintains bench stock levels of parts, materials, tools, and equipment at prescribed levels. Uses tools and equipment associated with testing being conducted in the shop, as well as hand and power tools to do the work.
5. Utilizes safety practices and procedures following established safety rules and regulations to maintain a safe and clean work environment. Uses and assures proper fit of required Personal Protective Equipment and clothing. Follows federal and state rules when storing, using, handling, labeling, and disposing of hazardous materials and waste in accordance with environmental standards. Performs clean-up duties, such as cleaning equipment, sweeping, straightening, and lining up tools and other property in the assigned area.
6. Maintains records and documents actions. Manually documents actions taken or enters information into an automated system. Obtains required coordination and signatures.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel for training and work related activities
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Nebraska National Guard Area 1, 2 and 3 applicants ONLY
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/489366600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.