The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace.Learn more about this agency
THIS IS AN AIR RESERVE TECHNICIAN OFFICER POSITION.
This is an Air Reserve Technician (ART) Officer position located at 459 OSF JB Andrews AFB MD with the military rank of Lt Col/0-5, AFSC: 014N3. For questions concerning military eligibility please contact the Air Force Reserve Qualification Center at 1-800-257-1212.
Applicant must be commissioned or commissionable as an ART Officer in the Air Force Reserve. Air Reserve Technicians are part of the regular career civil service and enjoy all the benefits granted to Federal employees in the competitive civil service. In addition, Air Reserve Technicians are required to maintain their active membership in the Air Force Reserve unit where assigned. As members of Reserve units, Air Reserve Technicians receive on average one weekend of military training per month. In addition, they are eligible for 15 days active duty tour each year for which military leave is granted with full civilian pay. Air Reserve units and members are subject to immediate call to active duty in mobilization to meet a national emergency.
RETIRED MILITARY ARE USUALLY INELIGIBLE FOR MEMBERSHIP IN THE AIR FORCE RESERVE. RETIRED MILITARY PERSONNEL WHO HAVE ACTIVE AIR FORCE RESERVE ASSIGNMENTS MAY APPLY PROVIDED THEY SHOW ASSIGNMENT (POSITION AND UNIT) ON THEIR APPLICATION.
This position is a Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel Systems (DCIPS) position implemented under Section 504, Title V of Public Law 99-569, Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 1987, as codified in Sec 1601, Chap 83 of Title 10 United States Code which sets forth Air Force policies and procedures for DCIPS. This position is in the Excepted Service.
- Air Reserve Technicians are full-time civilian employees who are also members of the Air Force Reserve unit in which they are employed.
- In addition to their civilian assignments, they are assigned to equivalent positions in the Reserve organization with a Reserve military rank or grade.
- Ensure the intelligence function maintains a capability to provide timely and accurate operational intelligence support and fully trained intelligence personnel during peacetime and contingency operations.
- Manage the unit intelligence mobility program.
- Represent the unit regarding intelligence program policies, procedures and issues.
- Also to serve as daily-integrated intelligence support in alert, crisis, and Force Protection situations.
- Serve as the unit's expert intelligence analyst for the commander and staff on all intelligence matters, including intelligence processes, support requirements, technical aspects of weapons systems and terrorist operational methods.
- Develop, monitor, and ensure execution of unit internal and external intelligence training programs tailored to the unit's mission.
Occasional travel - Work may occasionally require travel away from the normal duty station on military or commercial aircraft.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/489280500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.