Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position: Huntsville area provides access to great fishing, boating, the arts, golfing, restaurants, shopping, parks, and botanical clubs. Additionally, the Redstone Arsenal base is within easy traveling distance to may major cities such as Nashville in Tennessee, Atlanta in Georgia, Birmingham and Mobile in Alabama, and Florida beaches. These locations offer multiple attractions and activities for singles and families.
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- 30 Percent or More Disabled Veterans
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Non-Appropriated Fund Instrumentality (NAFI)
- Priority Placement Program (PPP), Program S (Military Spouse) registrant
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
- Veterans Recruitment Appointment (VRA)
Learn more about this agency
- Serve as the Lead for of the Military Working Dog (MWD) section under the Directorate of Operations (DoO), Protection Division, Law Enforcement Branch.
- As the Lead police Officer/ MWD Trainer, the incumbent administers all aspects of the Military Working Dog (MWD) training program.
- Advises the supervisor on employee performance, progress, and training needs.
- Responsible for ensuring shift work assignments are distributed and performed by employees.Ensure MWD training meets regulatory requirements for certification IAW DOD standards.
- Test and assess the adequacy of MWD training programs.
- Develops written guidelines for a variety of on-post evaluations documenting deficiencies
Occasional travel - Recruitment, Relocation, and Retention Incentives may be authorized
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Federal employees, Veterans, and Military Spouses
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/489157500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.