The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is US Citizens and Non-Citizens Worldwide. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
This announcement is being used to fill multiple positions with multiple schedules at all Child Development Centers, School Age Centers and Youth Centers.
The Fort Carson Child Development Centers (CDC) offer full day, part day, & hourly developmental programs for infants, pre-toddlers, toddlers, and preschool children ages 6 weeks to Kindergarten. Applicants interested in working at any of the CDC facilities MUST be available for scheduling: Monday thru Friday, between 5:30 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. Split shifts may be required.
The Fort Carson Youth Center offers a wide variety of recreational, educational, and social programs for middle and high school age teens. Applicants interested in working at the Youth Center MUST be available for scheduling: Monday thru Saturday, from 5:30 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Split shift are required. This program has evening and weekend hours on a regular basis.
The Fort Carson School Age Center (SAC) is designed to accommodate children in grades 1 - 5 with an emphasis on encouraging physical, emotional, and social development. Applicants interested in working at the School Age Center MUST be available for scheduling: Monday thru Friday, between 5:30 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. Split shifts are required and there may be occasional evening and weekend hours.
This announcement will have bi-weekly cut-offs every Monday, with the first cut-off date of 02/05/2018. All eligible applicants from that week will be referred to the hiring manager on the Tuesday after the cut-off date.
This position has incentives:
- $800 hiring incentive when on-boarded (If employee leaves employment in this position prior to 6 months, the incentive must be paid back)
- $750 bonus when Serve Safe certification is earned within 6 months of hire.
- $800 incentive award after being on board for 1 year with no pending disciplinary actions.
Please include at least three professional references in your application package (resume, cover letter, etc.). Learn more about this agency
- Performs a variety of food preparation and cooking tasks such as cleaning, paring, peeling, slicing, dicing, grilling, frying, baking, broiling, pouring liquids and mixing ingredients.
- Operates Kitchen equipment designed to mix and cook food items.
- Apportions food into serving containers, and determines proper amount food to be delivered IAW portions size requirements.
- Provides suggestions to supervisor on recommended food/supply purchases/orders and recipes/menu.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…US Citizens and Non-Citizens
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/489111800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.