The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace.Learn more about this agency
To achieve that mission, the Air Force has a vision of Global Vigilance, Reach and Power. That vision orbits around three core competencies: Developing Airmen, Technology-to-Warfighting and Integrating Operations. Core competencies and distinctive capabilities are based on a shared commitment to three core values -- integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do.
Click here to view the AF Civilian Employment Eligibility Guide:
Internal Employees (Air Force Employee - Current Permanent Competitive Service Career/Career-Conditional Employee and Current Permanent AF DCIPS Employees with Reinstatement Rights to the Competitive Service)
DoD Transfer - Army, Navy, DFAS, etc. (Excluding Air Force)
Former Federal Employees (Reinstatement)
Military Spouses - Appointment of Certain Military Spouse (EO 13473)
Schedule A - Individual with Disabilities - click here for additional information
Former Overseas Employees (EO 12721)
ICTAP (Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program)
Non-DoD Transfer (OPM, VA, Dept of Labor, etc.)
VEOA (Veterans Employment Opportunity Act)
You MUST have one or more listed eligibilities to be considered. Eligibility claims must be supported with required documentation submitted with each application package to be considered. "Transfer" and "Reinstatement" eligibles must provide their most current SF-50 and the SF-50 reflecting the highest grade held if not reflected on most current/separation SF-50. *Air Force is not responsible for erroneous eligibilities you list or fail to list.
- The primary purpose of this position is to serve as a Human Resources (HR) Specialist (Recruitment & Placement) in a developmental capacity, performing assignments designed to further develop applicable analytical and evaluative skills and techniques.
- Provides recruitment and placement services to assigned organizations. In a developmental capacity, performs a wide variety of moderately complex, non-controversial, well-precedented and/or recurring recruitment and placement assignments involving positions in clerical and assistant, technical, and wage grade occupations.
- Codes and processes a variety of personnel actions. Independently performs recurring assignments of limited, but gradually increasing difficulty and complexity.
- Researches data and drafts responses to customer inquiries. Uses multiples sources of regulations, publications and guidance material to obtain information and pertinent data to be used.
- Participates in planning, monitoring, and conducting special studies, projects, and initiatives. Assists senior personnel in determining the validity and feasibility of special studies, projects, and initiatives, and participates in planning the studies, projects, and initiatives.
- The primary purpose of this position is to provide comprehensive recruitment and placement services for assigned organizations. Position is also responsible for assisting in the development and implementation of guidance, policy, and procedures for the Air Force Personnel Center.
- Provides recruitment and placement services to serviced organizations. Determines the best methods to fill positions whether through local announcement, centralized recruitment activity, etc. and takes appropriate actions.
- Processes a full range of Personnel Actions. Reviews, codes, and updates all types of personnel actions in the Defense Civilian Personnel Data System (DCPDS).
- Provides recruitment and placement advisory services to organizations serviced. Provides advice concerning recruitment problems of limited scope by recommending one or more readily apparent alternative solutions such as the most productive recruitment strategies for filling competitive or excepted service positions, utilizing developmental grades for hard-to-fill positions, sources of available minority candidates to fill under-represented categories, etc.
- Assists in special initiatives, studies and projects, and affirmative employment activities. Assists in initiatives, studies and projects such as self-assessment reviews, pre-Reduction-In-Force exercises, the student and summer employment recruitment programs, application of draft qualification standards, and out-sourcing studies.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Federal Employees, VEOA, Individuals with Disabilities, Military Spouses, and Former Overseas Employees. See Job Summary for further information on "Who May Apply".
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/489095600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.