OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise - "To care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow, and his orphan" - by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?Learn more about this agency
Staff Gastroenterologists are responsible for supervising the evaluation of all new inpatient and outpatient gatroenterology consults. Staff Gastroenterologists perform GI endoscopic procedures in the endoscopic suite and/or operating rooms as well as additional procedures consistent their privileges. Additionally, staff Gastroenterologists are expected to perform and be proficient in the following areas:
· Moderate Sedation;
· Endoscopic Control of Bleeding;
· Esophageal Dilation (Endoscopic Pneumatic Dilators, Malloney Dilators, etc.);
· Esophageal Variceal Band Ligation;
· Esophageal Variceal Injection Ligation;
· Esophagogastroduodenoscopy with Biopsy;
· Heater Probe Coagulation;
· Liver Biopsy;
· Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy;
· Flexible Sigmoidoscopy; and
· Other patient care related duties as necessary.
In addition to clinical duties, staff gastroenterologists are expected to be actively engaged in the supervision of medical residents, students and fellows assigned to the Gastroenterology Section. As part of the shared, cooperative partnership with our medical school affiliates, each gastroenterologist shall support furthering the education of medical students, residents, and fellows through lectures and presentations, provision of Grand Rounds, and through any other means designed to emphasize the development of those skills required to apply medical knowledge selectively based on individual cases and circumstances. Trainee responsibilities require that the selectee apply for and receive professorship at the Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine and the Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine.
Work Schedule: 7:45 am - 4:30 pm, & Night/weekend, on-call schedule TBD by Section Chief
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
- Recruitment or Relocation Incentive is negotiable.
- You may be eligible to apply for student loan reimbursement under the Education Debt Reduction Program which has maximum awards of up to $120,000 for qualifying medical education loans. Please contact Human Resources at this Medical Center and speak with the Education Debt Reduction Program Coordinator for additional information.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/489037600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.