Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply to this job opportunity announcement:
- Current Permanent (Tenure I or Tenure II) Department of Defense (DoD) Competitive Service Civilian Employees
- Interagency Career Transition Program (ICTAP)
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA)
This position is part of the Defense Security Cooperation Agency, located in Arlington, VA.
This position is located in the Defense Security Cooperation Agency (DSCA), which is the principal staff means through which the Secretary of Defense manages the formulation and execution of Security Cooperation (SC) programs and related activities. DSCA is responsible for planning, coordination, administration and supervision of Department of Defense (DOD) programs for transfer of defense articles and services by, sale or grant to foreign governments and international organizations.
The Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) is the principal staff element of the Secretary of Defense in the exercise of policy development, planning, resource management, fiscal, and program evaluation responsibilities. OSD includes the immediate offices of the Secretary and Deputy Secretary of Defense, Under Secretaries of Defense, Director of Defense Research and Engineering, Assistant Secretaries of Defense, General Counsel, Director of Operational Test and Evaluation, Assistants to the Secretary of Defense, Director of Administration and Management, and such other staff offices as the Secretary establishes to assist in carrying out assigned responsibilities. Learn more about this agency
As a SUPV PROGRAM ANALYST, GS-0343-14, your typical work assignments may include the following under supervision:
- Provide recommendations to senior level managers that resolve complex problems and issues that often cross organizational boundaries and support substantive, Security Cooperation Workforce Development Program (SCWDP) oriented programs within the DOD.
- Set priorities and establishes milestones and schedules for completion of work.
- Provide creative initiative in the execution of a diverse collection of special projects or outcomes required by the WOO Principal Director.
- Design and conduct comprehensive studies related to workforce development and professional certification, workforce job competencies, workforce assignments and career tracks as well as long range planning functions which impact the global DOD security cooperation workforce (SCW).
- Develop standard operating procedures and policies that pertain to SCWDP and related processes.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Status Candidates (Merit Promotion and VEOA Eligibles)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/489007900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.