Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position: This is a military technician position with the US Army Reserves. Becoming a Military Technician allows you to experience the best of two worlds by taking advantage of the opportunity to become a Citizen Soldier in the US Army Reserve Military Technician program. This enables you to receive full civil service benefits and military reserve benefits. Military Technicians are a vital link between the US Army Reserves and civil service and are one of the most important keys to combat readiness.
This position is located at: 416 Engineer Command, Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 983 Engineer Battalion, 372 Engineer Brigade, Monclova, OH.
Description of Working Environment: Work is performed in an office setting.
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Executive Order (E.O.) 12721
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Military Spouses, under Executive Order (E.O.) 13473
- Non-Appropriated Fund Instrumentality (NAFI)
- Non-Department of Defense (DoD) Transfer
- Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Interchange Agreement Eligible
- People with Disabilities, Schedule A
- Postal Service/Peace Corps and Other Unique Authorities
- Priority Placement Program (PPP), Program S (Military Spouse) registrant
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
Learn more about this agency
Duties of this position include:
- Processes military personnel actions
- Prepare administrative reports and/or correspondence
- Provides guidance to supported units on military personnel and pay issues
- Interprets regulations and directives pertaining to personnel functions
- Analyzes data to identify trends, deficiencies, and accomplishments
Occasional travel - The business travel requirement is 10%.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Status Candidates, VEOA, Individuals with Disabilities, Military Spouse, Family Member Preference
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/488969500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.