These positions are designed to allow returning Peace Corps volunteers the opportunity to enter Federal employment and gain work skills and experience. These entry level positions include job categories in general administration, finance, human resources, medical, data management and analysis, communications, information technology, health services, training, contract management, and volunteer recruitment.Learn more about this agency
These may include, but are not limited to, jobs in the following job families and series: General Administrative, Clerical, and Office Services (0301, 0303, 0318), Management and Program Analysis (0343), Human Resources (0201, 0203), Accounting and Budget (0501, 0503, 0560), Medical, Hospital, Dental, and Public Health (0679, 0675), Information and Arts (1035, 1082), Business and Industry (1101, 1102) and Information Technology Management (2210).
You may indicate interest in one (1) or all of the job categories and locations listed.
Positions may be filled at the DC Headquarters location or at one of three (3) regional offices (New York, NY; Oakland/San Francisco, CA; Chicago, IL), or in a variety of field-based locations throughout the continental United States. The starting grade, pay and promotion potential will vary by position and location.
Other locations may also be available depending on the type of position and the office in which the vacancy exists.
When a position is requested to be filled utilizing this RPCV standing register, eligible applicants will be forwarded to management for review and possible selection.
Positions filled through this announcement may be at the FP-9 through FP-5 grade levels (equivalent to GS-5 through GS-9).
Your resume and any submitted documents will be retained for 90 days after your first application. You will need to certify your continued interest every 90 days to be considered for future opportunities.
Depending on the needs of individual Peace Corps offices, the following job categories and associated duties and tasks may be applicable:
- Communication - Work associated with written and oral communication; such as ones associated with marketing, public affairs, mass communication, journalism, television, radio and/or social media. Tasks may include contributing to brochures, training materials, reports and web-based communication for public consumption.
- Contract Management - Work associated with the procurement of supplies, services, construction, or research and development; the evaluation of contract price proposals; and the administration or termination and close out of contracts. Tasks may include verifying the accuracy of financial transactions, purchase orders, contracts, travel obligations and disbursement of other agency funds.
- Country Desk Unit - Work associated with the operations of overseas regional offices; including administrative coordination, operational support and program assistance to the Country Desk Officer and overseas staff, trainees and volunteers. Tasks may include compiling data for program or project requirements, compiling status reports and coordinating training activities.
- Data Management and Analysis - Work asociated with monitoring data collection processes and providing technical assistance on the use of data collection systems. Tasks may include performing data quality checks, manipulating data, producing basic statistical tests, and preparing tables and graphs for publication in multiple formats.
- Finance/Budget - Work associated with financial management, reporting, accounting, budgeting, auditing and other fiscal-related functions. Tasks may include producing, acquiring or recording financial data, tracking daily transactions, budget reporting and monitoring authorized versus actual expenditures.
- General Administrative - Work associated with the management of an organization, office or program which typically involves the principles, concepts, policies and objectives related to the program or administrative area. Tasks may involve analysis, research, writing and applying judgement in performing assigned duties.
- Health Services - Work associated with assessing applicants prior to entering service or assessing patients prior to or after medical care has been given. Tasks may include supporting various functions within the Office of Medical Services.
- Human Resources - Work associated with the hiring and developing of employees so that they become more valuable to the organization. Tasks may include recruiting, placing and orienting employees, managing human resource systems, providing benefits, evaluating performance, and communicating with all employees at all levels.
- Information Technology - Work involving the application of computers or other related equipment; including design, development, application, implementation, support, network administration, software development and installation and hardware and software maintenance. Tasks may involve managing and implementing moves, adding or changing staff workstations, troubleshooting hardware and software problems, testing and employing non-standard software packages and participating in other projects as assigned.
- Training Administration - Work associated with the design and implementation of training programs in order to successfully prepare individuals for Peace Corps service. Tasks may include supporting domestic and overseas locations to register new volunteers for service, orienting them to Peace Corps culture, preparing them for their overseas post location and may require domestic travel up to 30%.
- Volunteer Recruitment - Work associated with the search and screening of qualified Peace Corps volunteer applicants and building general awareness of Peace Corps programs. Tasks may include performing searches for candidates utilizing computer databases, social networking and other recruiting resources and informing potential volunteers of duties and responsibilities, benefits and working conditions.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…ONLY recently Returned Peace Corps Volunteers (RPCV) who are U.S. Citizens Eligible for Non-Competitive Hire May Apply
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/488878600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.