WHAT DOES AN INTAKE TECHNICIAN DO? As an Intake Technician you will interface with customers who were unsuccessful in their attempts to resolve their tax related inquiries through normal channels. In this position you will provide administrative and technical assistance which involve a wide range of issues related to tax-processing requirements and procedures. Assistance is provided in terms of the individual customer's needs in consideration of each customer's situation or problem.Learn more about this agency
WHAT IS THE TAXPAYER ADVOCATE SERVICES DIVISION? If you're ready for a challenging career opportunity, consider a career with the Internal Revenue Service Taxpayer Advocate Service (TAS). The Taxpayer Advocate Service is an independent organization within the IRS. The TAS mission is to assist taxpayers in resolving their problems with the IRS (Case Advocacy), and to identify and propose administrative and legislative solutions to mitigate those problems (Systemic Advocacy).
Positions are located in TAS, DEDCA Area 5 at 55 N. Robinson, Oklahoma City, OK (OK1356) (1 vacancy); Area 6 at 115 4th Ave SE, Aberdeen, SD (SD0040) (1 vacancy); and Area 8 at 24000 Avilia Road, Laguna Niguel, CA (CA0521) (1 vacancy).
As an Intake Technician you will:
- Manage incoming telephone call traffic and customer inquiries with internal, taxpayer, congressional, and stakeholder contacts.
- Confer with customers experiencing a hardship; clarify any issues and present possible courses of action.
- Review and establish initial controls and distribute all incoming casework within guidelines and timeframes.
- Review and process routine Congressional, White House and other priority inquiries.
- Interpret relevant data including master file records and tax account history.
- Ensure that possible systemic errors and improper tax treatment is brought to the attention of the appropriate areas.
- Protect taxpayer confidentiality information as outlined in IRC §6103 and 7803(c)(4)(a)(IV).
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
Occasional travel - Travel may be required for training.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Current IRS Internal/Agency Employees
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/488819600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.