WHAT DOES A MANAGEMENT AND PROGRAM ANALYST DO?Learn more about this agency
As a Management and Program Analyst you will serve as a staff analyst, evaluator, and advisor to management. In this position, you will responsible for planning, analyzing, evaluating, and/or improving the effectiveness of administrative operations and/or operating programs.
WHAT IS THE WAGE AND INVESTMENT DIVISION?
The Wage & Investment Division (W&I) serves about 122 million taxpayers who file upwards of 94 million returns each year. Key W&I objectives are to provide high-quality taxpayer assistance, and to enable taxpayers to transact and communicate electronically to file their returns, make payments and receive assistance. W&I partners with private organizations to provide assistance to such disadvantaged groups as elderly and low-income taxpayers.
One position is located in the Wage and Investment Division (W&I), W&I Operation Support, Strategies & Solutions, Research Group 5 at 401 W Peachtree Street, Atlanta, GA [GA0087]; 3561 S IH 35, Austin, TX [TX2038]; 200 W 4th Street, Covington, KY [KY0085]; OR 5045 E Butler Ave, Fresno, CA [CA4664].
As a Management and Program Analyst you will:
- Develop and interpret guidance on program planning, execution, and evaluation.
- Prepare directives, issuances, memoranda, policy statements, legislative proposals, and other written guidelines to introduce new initiatives.
- Recommend effective operations consistent with policies and objectives
- Develop long-range program plans, goals, objectives, and milestones.
- Identify ways to resolve or address issues which directly affect the accomplishment of principal program goals and objectives.
- Research new or improved business and management practices for application to operating and administrative programs.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov.
Occasional travel - One to five nights per month
Who May Apply
This job is open to…-Current IRS Internal/Agency Employees
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/488777700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.