WHAT DOES A SENIOR MANAGER DO? As a Senior Manager, generally a manager of managers and accountable to a Senior Executive Service position, you will be responsible for the overall effective operation of a program. You will use your leadership skills and management techniques in the administration, planning, organizing, directing, controlling, and evaluation of activities to support accomplishments in the operation. In this role, you will also be responsible for preparation of annual work plans, semiannual and quarterly work schedules, accession schedules for staffing, production output projections, and other plans and controls for maintaining an efficient program. As a Senior Manager you will direct one of many agency wide efforts to deliver or further support the agency's mission and priorities, and will often times be involved in initiatives with extensive and substantial impact on the Nations taxpayers.Learn more about this agency
WHAT IS THE LARGE BUSINESS AND INTERNATIONAL (LB&I) DIVISION OF THE INTERNAL REVENUE SERVICE? The Large Business and International (LB&I) business unit provides service and enforcement activities to support tax compliance of businesses and related entities with assets of $10 million or more, as well as small U.S. businesses engaged in international activities, U.S. citizens abroad, and foreign persons and businesses with a U.S. tax requirement. As our name suggests, international tax administration is an important part of what we do in LB&I. Regardless of where you serve, you will be supported by a variety of professionals (accountants, economists, engineers, computer audit specialists and subject matter experts) as you tackle the most complex foreign and domestic tax issues.
One (1) position located in Territory 8 Pittsburgh; NE Compliance DFO-MA; 200 Granby Street, Norfolk, VA (VA1608).
As a Senior Manager you will:
- Exercise delegated managerial authority to oversee the overall planning, directing, and timely execution of a program, several program segments (each of which is managed through separate subordinate organizational units), or comparable staff functions, including development, assignment, and higher level clearance of goals and objectives for supervisors or managers of subordinate organizational unit or lower organizational levels.
- Approve multi year and longer range work plans developed by the supervisors or managers of subordinate organizational units and subsequently manage the overall work to enhance achievement of the goals and objectives.
- Oversee the revision of long range plans, goals and objectives for the work directed.
- Manage the development of policy changes in response to changes in levels of appropriations or other legislated changes.
- Manage organizational changes throughout the organization directed, or major change to the structure and content of the program or program segments directed.
- Exercise discretionary authority to approve the allocation and distribution of funds in the organizations budget.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov.
Occasional travel - Travel locally and/or overnight 1-5 nights per month.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Reassignment Preference Program Internal Employees Only
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/488776400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.