WHAT DOES A FACILITIES MANAGEMENT AND SECURITY ASSISTANT DO? As a Facilities Management and Security Assistant (FMSS) you will perform technical work in support of managers and/or program specialists in the administration of assigned major programs by compiling and researching information (i.e. customer requirements), processing procurement requests, and performing one or more paraprofessional tasks in the program areas of FMSS, including space and building management, safety, security, access controls, system testing, personal property management, and other related programs.Learn more about this agency
WHAT IS THE FACILITIES MANAGEMENT & SECURITY SERVICES (FMSS) DIVISION: FMSS customers are IRS employees – FMSS identifies and delivers value-added, cost efficient, shared service solutions, that facilitate the success of the IRS mission including, but not limited to, real estate and portfolio solutions, building infrastructure and facilities management, security services, employee credentialing, environmental health and safety and incident management.
1 Position is located at Facilities Management & Security Services (FMSS), Section D, 1222 Spruce, St. Louis, MO, 63103 (MO0106)
As a Facilities Management & Security Assistant you will:
- Review procedures, work provided by contractors, customer requirements, and work requests to assure they meet requirements and are complete, clear, and understandable.
- Review information provided by the Employee Resource Center (ERC), contractors, customers, FMSS staff, and from financial and workload reports to eliminate redundant requirements, clarify organizational and funding responsibilities, verify time frames, and explain FMSS processes to customers in other work areas,.
- Collect information regarding timeliness, cost and quality of service delivery. Identifies products and services with excessive cycle times, low customer satisfaction rates, and costs exceeding projections and assists the assigned manager and/or specialist in preparing procedural changes and explaining them to other FMSS staff and to customers.
- Assist with performing tasks for various program areas such as project implantation, inventory controls, personal property management, motor vehicle program.
- Assist with implementation and administration of various security program components, which could include such functions as Identification Media, Access Control Systems, Alarm Monitoring Systems, CCTV systems; participates in official security reviews and assessments and report preparation; maintains database and documents used to track and monitor security information; assists with emergency preparedness activities; and serves as a first responder during incidents.
- Monitor and evaluates the effectiveness of products and services provided to customers from several IRS operating divisions located in assigned campus and/or posts-of-duty. Where contractors provide products and services, monitors contractor performance, timeliness and compliance with the contract. Prepares written reports, memoranda, and charts showing results and recommendations.
- Prepare time schedules for employee access to IRS space. Reviews ID Media inventories and maintains building access lists. Creates security items such as Physical Access Control cards, pocket commissions, parking passes, runs and verifies reports utilizing the automated ID Media and other security systems.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
Who May Apply
This job is open to…-Current IRS Internal/Agency Employees
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/488648400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.