Come work for the USPTO, we have been ranked as one of the Best Places to Work in the Federal Government®!
The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) has been serving the economic interests of America for more than 200 years. We are responsible for granting US intellectual property rights for patents and trademarks. Our efforts have provided inventors exclusive rights over their discoveries. It's an effort that continues to contribute to a strong global economy, to encourage investment in innovation and to cultivate an entrepreneurial spirit for the 21st century. The USPTO is headquartered in Alexandria, Virginia, and has over 12,000 employees, including engineers, scientists, attorneys, analysts, IT specialists, etc. all dedicated to accomplishing the USPTO’s mission, vision, strategic goals and guiding principles. For more information about the USPTO, please visit the USPTO Careers Website.
The Chief Information Officer (CIO) is the principal advisor to the Under Secretary and Director on the application of information technology (IT) to support and improve the Agency’s business processes. The Office of Infrastructure Engineering and Operations (IEO) provides day-to-day operational support for USPTO developed applications. The Infrastructure Services Division (ISD) provides Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) for the Servers, Storage, Networks and Facilities within the USPTO. The Server and Storage Services Branch (SSSB) provides technical services for all server and storage devices in all Data Centers. The OS Administration and Engineering Section designs and configures all operating system software and utilities installed on over 7,000 USPTO servers running various Operating System platforms.
- A probationary period may be required
The following links provide information on various hiring authorities that do not fall under competitive examining procedures as this announcement; however, they may enable you to apply through merit assignment procedures, or be eligible for a non-competitive appointment.
Learn more about this agency
The individual selected for this position:
- Coordinates automation support efforts and assesses impact on programs and program operations.
- Evaluates overall accomplishments of the Section and identifies operating problems, conflicting priorities, program deficiencies and potential problem areas.
- Development of enterprise automated cloud solutions based in RedHat Linux and establishment of an Infrastructure as a Service (Iaas) model using hybrid cloud technologies.
- Ensures systems are designed with due consideration of disaster recovery, capacity planning and management, applications development standards, infrastructure design principles, hardware strategy, and operating system security.
- Assigns work to subordinates based on priorities and selective consideration of areas of expertise. Advises and provides counsel to employees on technical and administrative matters, as needed, including policies, procedures, and directives of management.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Applications will be accepted from all United States Citizens and Nationals.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/488609500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.