TOUGH WORK. VITAL MISSION. Challenge yourself! You have the power to help combat drug trafficking. Be a part of DEA! It's tough work, but a vital mission. Whatever your background or expertise, your work at DEA will be tremendously rewarding because it will have a daily impact on national security and the quality of life of all Americans.Learn more about this agency
Do your career "Justice" by working with DOJ, which has been ranked in the Top 10 Best Places to Work in the Federal Government. Come and join the nation's law enforcement agency, where our most important resource is our people. The Department leads the nation in ensuring the protection of all Americans while preserving their constitutional freedoms. Become a member of a team where you can achieve your career goals and apply your skills and talents to our important mission. All applicants for employment with DEA must possess and maintain the highest levels of character and conduct. DEA will evaluate applicants' qualifications based on these qualities. Once a conditional offer is made, DEA will conduct a continuous evaluation of information, as it is obtained, to ensure that the prospective employees with DEA meet the agency-specific qualifications in the areas of character and conduct. To this end, an unfavorable decision in any of the areas that follow will be deemed as disqualifying: Drug Policy Requirements (as specified in this announcement), Credit History, Candor and Honesty, Work History, History with the Law, and other qualities that would detract from the integrity and efficiency of the DEA.
This position is located with the Omaha Field Division; Omaha, Nebraska.
The incumbent will perform the following duties:
- Develops, coordinates implementation, and evaluates division-wide operational and management plans and policies.
- Directs the formulation of the annual Field Management Plan (FMP), which is the blueprint for managing the operations of the division over a three-year period.
- Reviews strategic and programmatic plans and maintains drug control information or carries out drug control activities.
- Evaluates and analyzes multi-functional programs, functions, and organizations. Recommends the development of new operational and management programs.
- Conducts studies and evaluations of current and proposed division systems, methods, and procedures to determine their effectiveness and efficiency.
- Serves as an expert analyst on studies or projects that have significant impact on major organizational components of an agency.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…U.S Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/488588500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.