This is a Washington Air National Guard Title 32 Excepted Service Non-Bargaining Unit Technician position:Learn more about this agency
IT SPECIALIST (NETWORK)
Location: 194 CF, Camp Murray, WA
Appointment Type: Permanent
Advertised as: Enlisted
This announcement may be used to fill one or more vacancies.
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!
For information about joining the Air National Guard please call 1-800-TO-GO-ANG
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Washington Air National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard at the required military grade listed if the position is open Nationwide.
An IT SPECIALIST (NETWORK), GS-2210-11:
- Administers the base Local Area Network (LAN).
- Conducts problem analysis to identify trends, ineffective practices or procedures, and equipment shortcomings.
- Plans for current and future technology integration and works issues for compatibility and standardization based on current and projected customer needs.
- Serves as a network security administrator for a large number of users on the installation.
- Assists IT security specialists with applicable security policies and regulations and conducts risk analysis and security tests and evaluations.
- Adheres to management control plan requirements by conducting self inspection and staff assistance visits.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
* The above duty description doesn't contain all details of the official position description. A copy of the entire position description can be found on FASCLASS by searching the position description (PD# D2181P01). https://acpol2.army.mil/fasclass/search_fs/search_fasclass.asp
Occasional travel - As required for job training or mission requirements
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Nationwide: All Members of the Washington Air National Guard, or U.S. Citizens willing to join the Washington Air National Guard
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/488546900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.