Enterprise Services (ES) is a new, innovative organization being stood up at the Department of Commerce. Recognizing a serious and growing need for substantial improvements to human resources, acquisition, and information technology services, leadership and subject matter experts across the Department determined that it was time to do business differently.Learn more about this agency
Modeling the organization after prior successes of Fortune 500 companies, state and local governments, and a handful of Federal organizations, ES was designed as a hybrid of managed services from vendor partners and oversight of services and service delivery by highly-skilled and highly-motivated federal staff. ES is not a consolidation of existing resources and processes. Rather, it is an innovative and reimagined blueprint for delivering mission-enabling services to our clients.
This position is located in the Office of the Director, Information Technology Enterprise Services in the Department of Commerce. The incumbent will serve as an Information Technology Specialist (INFOSEC) in the IT Enterprise Services Division. Providing guidance to the System Owner on implementing Information Security and overseeing the development and maintenance of security documentation. He/she will ensure security policy is implemented in IT project and that all security documents, assessments, test parameters, elements, findings, and evaluations are coordinated with appropriate Office of Cyber Security staff and providing direct support as needed.
THIS POSITION IS BEING ADVERTISED THROUGH THE OFFICE OF PERSONNEL MANAGEMENT'S (OPM) DIRECT-HIRE AUTHORITY AND IS OPEN TO ALL U.S. CITIZENS. UNDER THIS AUTHORITY, COMPETITIVE RATING, RANKING, AND VETERANS' PREFERENCE PROCEDURES DO NOT APPLY. All applicants who meet the basic qualification requirements will be forwarded to the Selecting Official for consideration.
- Serves as an advisor to the Enterprise Services Leadership Team in assessing and providing Information Security technical expertise;
- Serves as the designated ISSO responsible for the security plans for designated IT Enterprise Services IT systems and has authority to set the day-to-day direction of the IT security program and its overall goals, objectives and priorities;
- Serves as the information security subject matter expert responsible for directing implementation of security controls;
- Acts as the direct liaison between senior program managers and the Department of Commerce Office of Cyber Security;
- Reviews security requirements and provides guidance throughout the system development lifecycle of proposed IT projects, as well as the final design, testing and implementation of the IT systems;
- Ensures IT projects meet the minimum-security posture required under the FISMA and that all projects are incorporated into the Department of Commerce Risk Management Framework, particularly that a risk profile and assessment are completed at the appropriate level for all proposed projects; and
- Analyzes vulnerability scans and criteria designed to assess, and minimize system risk.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Surplus and Displaced Commerce Employees (CTAP); Displaced Federal Employees (ICTAP); and Preference eligible veterans or veterans who have separated from the U.S. Armed Forces under honorable conditions with 3 or more years of continuous active service who may apply under the Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA).
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/488545400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.