Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
The Protocol Office is a designated office coordinating for all military, civilian, US national and foreign visitors to the Defense Language Institute Foreign Language Center and Presidio of Monterey. Provides support and protocol services to official visitors. Maintains liaison with the major staff agencies, other military commands and civic organizations. Makes arrangements for command sponsored functions, such as receptions and VIP dinners. Advise on matters of visitor support and protocol. Maintains and schedules Command briefings.
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Non-Department of Defense (DoD) Transfer
- Priority Placement Program (PPP), Program S (Military Spouse) registrant
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
- Veterans Recruitment Appointment (VRA)
Learn more about this agency
- Arrange staff briefings, tours, use of dining facilities, and escorts for various groups and organizations.
- Provide information for the Commandant's weekly staff calendars and Official Visitors Bulletins.
- Determine security clearance requirements and coordinate visits with the Security Directorate.
- Provide for arrival courtesies and/or honors, appropriate lodging, transportation, preparation of official programs, entertainment, reception details, and other itinerary items concerning visits.
- Serve as point of contact for professional conferences hosted by the Defense Language Institute Foreign Language Center (DLIFLC).
- Coordinate local functions.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Status Candidates and VEOA Eligibles
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/488544600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.