Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.Learn more about this agency
This position is being filled under the Expedited Hiring Authority (EHA) for Defense Acquisition Workforce Positions in accordance with 10 USC § 1705(g).
About the Position:
This position is with the Mission and Installation Contracting Command (MICC), located at Joint Base Lewis-McChord, WA. Serves as Chief, Business Operations Division/Supervisory Procurement Analyst. Manages a Contracting Division through subordinate team leads and a staff of procurement analysts, contract specialist, cost/price analysts, and/or administrative officers.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
- Provide direct supervision of Business Operations Division personnel and management of processes and assigned support personnel/teams engaged in contract activities, customer support, business systems management, policy and procedure development and implementation, organizational training, and executive level briefings.
- Provide contracting support to general officer commands, Calvary, Infantry and/or Sustainment Commands (Expeditionary), multiple subordinate commands and tenants involved with weapons and/or chemical testing, development and research, and mobilizing rotational training units comprising large power projection platforms.
- Analyze the requirements of law, Federal, Defense and Army Acquisition Regulations, and other procedural and regulatory guidance. Recommend changes in procedural or regulatory guidance when such action is considered to be in the best interest of the Government.
- Review administrative operations to ensure that automated systems such as Standard Procurement Systems/Standard Procurement Defense Desktop, and General Financial Enterprise Business Systems (GFEBS) are employed where beneficial.
- Responsible for budget functions to coordinate with higher echelons, authorize the expenditure of funds, and track the receipt and expenditure of funds.
- Monitor a comprehensive command training program utilizing both internal and external resources; Government Purchase Card Operations, and processes unauthorized commitments for possible ratification.
- Conduct a variety of cost/price studies and analysis in support of solicitation proposals, contract modifications, task/delivery orders, claims, terminations on a variety of contract types and negotiation environments.
Occasional travel - Temporary Duty (TDY) is occasional at 15% or less for training and to attend meetings.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…US Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/488541400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.