The US Transportation Command (USTRANSCOM) provides responsive air, land, and sea transportation support to deploy, sustain, and redeploy US military forces worldwide during peace and wartime. USTRANSCOM is also responsible for coordinating and overseeing the end-to-end global logistics and supply chain management systems within the DoD. USTRANSCOM seeks highly skilled applicants in a variety of fields to include: Acquisition, Information Technology, Strategic Planning, Financial Management, Logistics, and Supply Chain Management.. Find out more click here.Learn more about this agency
Click here to view the AF Civilian Employment Eligibility Guide:
Internal Employees (Air Force Employee - Current Permanent Competitive Service Career/Career-Conditional Employee and Current Permanent AF DCIPS Employees with Reinstatement Rights to the Competitive Service)
Current Federal Employees (DoD Transfer - Army, Navy, DFAS, etc.--Excluding Air Force)
Former Federal Employees (Reinstatement)
DoD Transfer (Army, Navy, DFAS, etc.--Excluding Air Force)
Schedule A - Individual with Disabilities - click here for additional information
ICTAP (Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program)
Federal Employees (Non-DoD Transfer - OPM, VA, Dept of Labor, etc.)
VEOA (Veterans Employment Opportunity Act)
VRA (Veterans' Recruitment Appointment)
30% Disabled Veterans
You MUST have one or more listed eligibilities to be considered. Eligibility claims must be supported with required documentation submitted with each application package to be considered. "Transfer" and "Reinstatement" eligibles must provide their most current SF-50 and the SF-50 reflecting the highest grade held if not reflected on most current/separation SF-50. *Air Force is not responsible for erroneous eligibilities you list or fail to list.
The primary purpose of this position is to assist the Protocol Officer in planning, managing and executing the command protocol program to include ceremonies, conferences, briefings, official and social functions, and highlevel foreign and domestic visits.
- Develops and implements protocol policy and procedural guidance for the Commander in Chief (CINC), Deputy Commander in Chief (DCINC), and other applicable personnel concerning proper protocol requirements for visiting dignitaries, military ceremonies, conferences, official meetings, briefings, etc.Coordinates and consolidates initiatives, plans and actions of headquarters' elements into an integrated protocol program.
- Serves as protocol advisor to the Commander.Plans, designs and implements specific and special protocol guidance based on pre-established goals.Advises the commander on the impact of protocol issues and problems. Interfaces and coordinates with senior government officials.
- Personally manages special visits, tours, meetings, symposia, and other events conducted by the Command. Performs or arranges for others to meet and greet high ranking dignitaries upon their arrival and accompanies them through various phases of their visit. Interfaces with Department of the Air Force, Department of Defense and other government agencies, and foreign embassies in the planning and execution to ensure that all areas have been considered. Assures that arrangements and details are tailored to each particular protocol event, considering the visitor's country, position, culture, and diplomatic code.
- Provides custodial control of the Commander's Official Representation Funds (ORF) and Special Morale and Welfare Funds (SM&W). Resource Manager for command's ORF.
- Composes necessary correspondence, documentation, checklists, reports, and other written materials as needed. Routinely prepares and gives briefings concerning visitors/special events.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Federal Employees, VEOA, VRA, Individuals with Disabilities. See Job Summary for further information on "Who May Apply".
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/488539500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.