OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" - by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?Learn more about this agency
Special Employment Consideration: VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply, including those eligible for hiring under 5 CFR 213.3102(u), Schedule A, Appointment of persons with disabilities [i.e., intellectual disabilities, severe physical disabilities, or psychiatric disabilities], and/or Disabled veterans with a compensable service-connected disability of 30% or more. Contact the Agency Contact for information on how to apply under this appointment authority via the Selective Placement Coordinator.
**Open to VA Pacific Island HCS Only - Internal Employee**
*A Cost-of-Living-Allowance (COLA) of 10.99% will be added to the stated salary. COLA is subject to change at any time.
This position is located in the Office of Information & Technology (OIT), IT Operations and Services (ITOPS), Area Operations, and District Operations that covers the VA Pacific Islands Health Care System, Honolulu. The incumbent serves as a working Lead IT Specialist providing senior level customer support services to users and organizations at the assigned facility. Major duties include but not limited to;
Installs, upgrades, and gives technical support on use of PC hardware/software.
- Plans, designs, and carry out projects and analysis of the organization's requirements.
- Coordinates, facilitates, or participates in project teams, as a peer, with experts both within and outside the organization.
- Oversees the operations and activities of the Tier 2 Level Support.
- Provides technical guidance and resolutions to other technicians and customers on complex troubles and projects.
- Reviews policies and procedures, provided by higher authority, for the functionality of all currently installed systems and the daily maintenance of continuity of operations.
Work schedule: 07:30am to 4:00pm, Monday thru Friday (excluding holidays)
Position Description Title/PD#: Lead IT Specialist (CUSTSPT) / PD#15295-A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not applicable
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Open to VA Pacific Island HCS Only - Internal Employee
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/488538000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.