Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.Learn more about this agency
This is a Direct Hire Solicitation
About the Position:
This position is located in the Department of California Medical Detachment (CALMED), Presidio of Monterey, California.
The Presidio of Monterey (POM) is located in the city of Monterey, California approximately 115 miles south of San Francisco and 350 miles north of Los Angeles. Monterey is on the central California coast, just minutes away from Carmel-by-the-Sea and Pebble Beach. The Monterey Peninsula has a rich history, and its rugged coastline is known for its natural beauty. Monterey is a scenic California coastal city that rises from the pristine Monterey Bay to pine forested hillsides with sweeping bay views. The city's natural beauty and historic sites make it a quality residential community and premier tourist destination. A small, livable city that prides itself on being a clean and safe place to live, Monterey is known for its sense of community and hospitality. Monterey's residents are culturally diverse, and the City's designation as the "language capital of the world" reflects the language skills of its residents. Monterey's mild year-round climate and beautiful scenery attract tourists to the area throughout the year.
A recruitment or relocation bonus may be authorized.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
As a Nurse (Administrative/Ambulatory), you will:
- Assist to standardize Disease Management across the patient care continuum by monitoring Disease Management of the patient in accordance with the clinical practice guidelines.
- Conduct specific quality improvement (QI) studies to assist in process improvement.
- Apply epidemiological methods to describe the population and its risks, identifying and employing evidence based interventions and managing information.
- Propose regulatory and administrative changes to resolve identified problems.
- Promote and optimize medical readiness of the medical treatment facility healthcare delivery system.
Occasional travel - Up to 5% Business Travel required.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…US Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/488531700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.