The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win?in air, space and cyberspace.Learn more about this agency
To achieve that mission, the Air Force has a vision of Global Vigilance, Reach and Power. That vision orbits around three core competencies: Developing Airmen, Technology-to-Warfighting and Integrating Operations. Core competencies and distinctive capabilities are based on a shared commitment to three core values -- integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do.
This position is a Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel Systems (DCIPS) position implemented under Section 504, Title V of Public Law 99-569, Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 1987, as codified in Sec 1601, Chap 83 of Title 10 United States Code which sets forth Air Force policies and procedures for DCIPS. This position is in the Excepted Service.
DoD Components with DCIPS positions apply Veterans' Preference to preference eligible candidates as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 USC, in accordance with the procedures provided in DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 2005, DCIPS Employment and Placement. If you are a veteran claiming veterans' preference, as defined by section 2108 of Title 5 U.S.C., you must submit documents verifying your eligibility with your application package.
All new DCIPS employees are required to complete a two-year DCIPS trial period.
Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service. For additional information, click here
For additional information on DCIPS, click here
This is a GG-13 position in the Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS). The GG-13 duties for the "Professional" work category are at the "Full Performance" work level and are equivalent to those at the GS-13 level. The selectee's salary will be set within the grade equivalent to a GS/GG grade based on the selectee's qualifications in relation to the job.
***Salary Ranges shown includes local market supplement ***
The organizational location of this position is: AF GLOBAL STRIKE CM 00, BARKSDALE AFB, LA
- The primary purpose of this position is: to provide intelligence support to the acquisition life-cycle (Acquisition Intelligence). Supports effective research, development, fielding, employment, sustainment and improvement of AF capabilities by identifying intelligence requirements, resolving/mitigating deficiencies, integrating intelligence, and providing needed intelligence data and infrastructure in a timely and secure manner.
- Serves as a multi-source Intelligence Specialist. Performs complex intelligence analysis with emphasis on Air Force and DOD programs/systems acquisition activities and leads teams/projects supporting MAJCOM, Air Force, and DOD acquisition processes and programs.
- Provides Intelligence support to DoD/USAF Acquisition programs, systems, and processes. Employs expertise to achieve technical understanding of a US weapon system's intelligence information requirements to identify and minimize cost, schedule, and performance risks as early in the system's life-cycle as possible.
- Presents ISR capabilities to a variety of program office, service, national, and/or coalition customers. Applies knowledge of acquisition and IC, to include awareness of the variety of intelligence databases, collection management, requirements management, IC roles and responsibilities, online intelligence documentation, and new intelligence technology developments to assure program threat requirements are identified and recommends solutions for recognized gaps.
- Serves as an Intelligence authority on specific ISR programs, systems, or issues. Serves as an expert for an intelligence function, process, program, or weapon system. Makes recommendations and defends positions to the Program Office, directorate and/or center leadership, and other command-level or external customers.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/488520800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.