America's Combat Logistics Support Agency: The Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) is a U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) agency. DLA provides worldwide logistics support for the missions of the Military Departments and the Unified Combatant Commands under conditions of peace and war. It also provides logistics support to other DoD Components and certain Federal agencies, foreign governments, international organizations, and others as authorized.Learn more about this agency
As a Police Officer you will be responsible for the following duties:
- Performs law enforcement and crime prevention duties to maintain law and order during normal and emergency operations.
- Performs police duties to assure the protection of life, property, and the civil rights of individuals.
- Patrols DLA installation and property to prevent crime, protect life and property and enforce local regulations and laws.
- Plans and conducts initial investigations of suspicious activities, security breaches, and crimes.
- Advises suspects of their Miranda rights prior to questioning. Writes incident and activity reports and detains suspects. Secures and processes the crime scene, conducts preliminary investigations, gathers evidence and obtains witness statements.
- Acts as first responder to all types of emergencies or volatile situations such as terrorist attacks, hostage/barricaded situations, bomb threats, vehicle accidents, robberies, hazardous material incidents, and other emergencies.
- Performs fixed post operations located within the interior of DLA installations or at perimeter gates.
- Controls access to sensitive/restricted areas where there is potential for breach of security, public safety or public health.
- Performs inspections on outgoing personnel and their packages and vehicles at various gates and checkpoints to detect, detain, or cite those who attempt to steal government property.
- Provides specialized pedestrian and traffic control services in connection with ceremonies, parades, emergency situations, and similar events.
- Performs traffic duties including directing traffic, issuing tickets/notices for vehicle operation, and parking violations.
- Coordinates emergency responses between security, fire, and other emergency units, and receives and acts on calls concerning reports of violations or complaints to include 911/100 emergency calls.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…This announcement is open to the Public.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/488515700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.