Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.Learn more about this agency
This position is being filled under the Expedited Hiring Authority for Shortage Category and/or Critical Need Health Care Occupations.
About the Position:
This position is located in the Department of Surgery, Urology Service, Tripler Army Medical Center, Hawaii.
Hawaii is a beautiful state, but may be considered to have a high cost of living. The median house price is $700K. The rental market is high as well. Hawaii has many outdoor activities all year round including surfing, paddling, diving, fishing, and hiking. It is highly recommended that research be done about the cost of living in Hawaii prior to applying. The website for the Hawaii Visitor's Bureau is http://www.gohawaii.com
TAMC is a tobacco-free workplace. Tobacco products include, but are not limited to, smoking, smokeless tobacco, and electronic nicotine delivery devices.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
As a Medical Instrument Technician (Urology) you will:
- Perform a variety of medical, technical, nursing, and diagnostic radiologic tasks supporting the physicians in the Urology Clinic.
- Set up for and assist with the performance of minor surgical procedures such as vasectomy and circumcision, procedures on the urethra, biopsy of lesions, placement of catheters, procedures on the urinary bladder including cystoscopy, and procedures on the ureter including stent placement.
- Perform diagnostic radiographic procedures limited to radiography specific to urology in both the clinic and the operating room.
- Insure the proper functioning of the sophisticated equipment required for completion of the procedure as well as equipment maintenance.
- Provide triage to patients and recognize conditions that require immediate urologic evaluation and treatment.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…US Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/488511500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.