This is an Air Reserve Technician enlisted (ART) position.Learn more about this agency
Air Reserve Technicians are part of the regular civil service and enjoy all the benefits granted to Federal employees in the competitive civil service. In addition, ARTs are required to maintain active membership in an Air Force Reserve unit so long as they occupy Air Reserve Technician positions. As members of reserve units, ARTs receive on average one weekend of military training per month. In addition, they are eligible for 15 days active duty tour each year for which military leave is granted with full civilian pay. Air Reserve units and members are subject to immediate call to active duty in mobilization to meet a national emergency.
THIS ANNOUNCEMENT MAY BE USED TO FILL UPCOMING LIKE POSITIONS DESCRIBED HEREIN. CERTIFICATES MAY BE ESTABLISHED AND USED FOR 90 DAYS AFTER THE CLOSING DATE OF THIS ANNOUNCEMENT.
Retired military are usually ineligible for membership in the Air Force Reserve. Retired military personnel who have active Air Force Reserve assignments may apply provided they show assignment (position and unit) on their application.
The Government's most important asset is its people.
This is an Air Reserve Technician (ART) position located in the aircraft operations function of an Air Force Reserve Squadron. The purpose of this position is to perform aircrew duties as an instructor aerial refueling technician and loadmaster on KC-135 tanker/cargo aircraft. Incumbent of this position will perform the following duties:
- Develop instructional standards, training plans, tests, lesson plans, and other training materials.
- Perform preflight and post-flight inspection on aircraft systems checks and coordinates with pilots and flight engineer to ensure aircraft airworthiness.
- During rendezvous and aerial refueling, ensure strict adherence to procedures and close coordination with pilot to ensure mission success.
- Perform loadmaster duties, accomplishing preflight checks, inspection of all aircraft loading equipment and systems. Performs periodic cargo inspections and ensure passenger safety and comfort during flight.
- As required, perform flight examiner duties administering no-notice and annual evaluations to evaluate the performance of aircrew members.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/488509500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.