Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.Learn more about this agency
This position is being filled under the Expedited Hiring Authority for Shortage Category and/or Critical Need Health Care Occupations.
About the Position:
These positions are located at Madigan Army Medical Center, Tacoma, WA.
Tacoma is a progressive city of 200,000 nestled between Seattle and the state capital of Olympia, offering the attractions of larger metropolitan areas with a hometown feel. Tacoma is located 32 miles south of Seattle, 31 miles north of our state capital, Olympia, and 18 miles south of Sea-Tac International Airport, on the shores of Commencement Bay, within pristine eyesight of Mount Rainier. World-class museums, hotels and theaters draw thousands to downtown Tacoma while the shores of the Puget Sound and Mount Rainier inspire outdoor enthusiasts. Enjoy the mild climate and its excellent schools, universities, parks, festivals and regional shopping centers.
On January 1, 2013, Madigan Healthcare System became a tobacco free campus. This includes all tobacco products and electronic nicotine delivery devices such as "e-cigarettes." As part of this new policy and Madigan's commitment to employees and their health, newly hired staff may take advantage of one free tobacco cessation class.
Certified Surgical Technologist Preferred
Who May Apply: US Citizens
As an Operating Room Nursing Assistant, you will perform duties such as:
- Provide support for surgical procedures ranging from routine ( e.g., appendectomy, myringotomy, herniorrhaphy) to complex, to high risk (e.g., thoracic, cardiovascular, orthopedics, obstetric, general surgery laparoscopic assisted procedures, etc.) or trauma cases (multi-system involvement due to vehicular accidents, gunshots, knife wounds, ligament and nerve reconstruction, bowel resections, joint replacements and multiple bone fractures.
- Maintain aseptic procedures during preparation for, and assistance with, surgical procedures.
- Select, assemble and organize supplies, equipment and instruments for specific surgical procedures in accordance with operative work sheets, physician preference card and/or conferring with physicians and/or charge nurse.
- Clean, process and sterilize instruments and equipment used during surgical procedures, using various types of sterilizers and sterilizing agents.
- Transport patients from hospital units to the operating room assuring safe transportation of the patient.
- Orient and train newly assigned personnel, students, and reservists.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…US Citizens
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/488504500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.