The position(s) covered by this vacancy announcement is in the Department of Defense (DoD) Acquisition Workforce Personnel Demonstration Project (AcqDemo). For more information please see: ACQDEMOLearn more about this agency
This position will be filled as an NH-IV High, with a starting salary range of $104,196- $159,331 (includes 16.59% locality), unless statutory or regulatory rules prevail.
This position is being filled under the Acquisition Expedited Hiring Authority (EHA) using OPM's Direct Hire Authority.
The Missile Defense Agency develops and fields an integrated Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS) capable of providing a layered defense for the homeland, deployed forces, friends, and allies against ballistic missiles of all ranges in all phases of flight.
This position is part of the Department of Defense, Missile Defense Agency. The incumbent will be responsible for implementation, maintenance and reporting of the information system & network cybersecurity posture for operational assets at widely dispersed geographical sites; the Communication Network wide-area network; and at remote sites.
- Do you enjoy challenges and seek opportunities?
- Are identifying problems, analyzing facts, and making recommendations some of your strong suits?
- Would you like to obtain the rare opportunity to participate in some of the greatest technological achievements developed?
- Would you like to serve your country and defend freedom in one of the most critical efforts in history?
If you answered yes, then this job is for you! The Missile Defense Agency's mission is to develop an integrated layered Ballistic Missile Defense (BMD) System to defend the United States, its deployed forces, allies and friends. We are seeking prepared, talented, and motivated IT Specialists who seek challenges and opportunities. You will earn a competitive salary and enjoy outstanding benefits while working alongside some of the brightest, most motivated thinkers of our time.
In this position, you will serve as an Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM), performing critical analysis of Cybersecurity-related inter-dependencies and ensures Cybersecurity architecture, requirements, objectives, and supporting policies are in place for the Missile Defense Agency's (MDA) Administrative and General Services (Admin/GenSer) networks, which includes a world-wide, enterprise unclassified and classified network transport (UNET/CNET), the supporting unclassified and classified network boundary demilitarized zones (UDMZ/ CDMZ), and unclassified and classified local area network services (ULAN and CLAN). Performs program management and oversees and leads projects to ensure Cybersecurity controls implementation, corrective action in response to IA Vulnerability Alerts (IAVAs), Communication Tasking Orders (CTOs), security incidents, feedback from external assessment agencies in coordination with Chief Information Officer (CIO), and personnel security.
As an IT Specialist (Security) at the NH-2210-4 some of your typical work assignments may include:
- IAW DoDI 8510.1, 8500.2 and Agency policy and procedures, ensures the Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability (CIA) of systems, networks and data.
- Plans, resources, and executes Cybersecurity/Computer Network Defense requirements for MDA networks and systems.
- Advises the Program Manager and key staff as required on emerging cybersecurity Technology and changes to the cybersecurity program requirements.
- Provides expert advice to the Program Director/Manager and other senior managers on Cybersecurity/Computer Network Defense (CND).
- Coordinates with asset owners, site leadership, and Authorizing Officials (AO) for scheduling and execution of all cybersecurity related testing.
- Plans, resources, and executes Cybersecurity/Computer Network Defense (CND) requirements for MDA networks and systems.
- Establishes and maintains operational site/system with current Risk Management Framework (RMF) accreditation/authorization process documentation (System Categorization, System Security Plan (SSP), Plan Of Action & Milestones (POA&M) and Cyber Scorecard) on key components of the Admin Genser System. Responsible for ensuring cybersecurity requirements are incorporated in all Request For Proposals, Statements of Work, and reviews Work Breakdown Structure and Basis of Estimates.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…All U.S. Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/488486100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.