THIS VACANCY IS LIMITED TO THE FIRST 200 APPLICATIONS RECEIVED AND WILL CLOSE AT MIDNIGHT ON THE CLOSING DATE OR AT MIDNIGHT ON THE DAY WE RECEIVE THE 200TH APPLICATION, WHICHEVER COMES FIRST.Learn more about this agency
This position provides business operations/support services for the Office of Railroad Safety (RRS). RRS consists of the Office of Technical Oversight & Office of Safety Analysis, composed of over 150 staff & contractors assigned to HQ, & the Office of Regional Operations, composed of more than 500 safety staff assigned across eight regional offices. As part of the team you coordinate/collaborate with other team members/partners under the oversight of the Team Lead. The Team is supervised by the Executive Staff Dr., who reports directly to the Deputy AA for Railroad Safety. Provide operational support services, advice, assistance, & support to staff, including: recruitment, hiring, retention & awards programs; training & workforce development programs; IT support for program & business applications; accountable property management; facility/space assignment coordination; financial management; budget formulation & execution; acquisition planning & contract administration; and general activity tracking & reporting.
Ideal candidate is experienced in human capital programs & familiar with financial/budgetary programs; a professional who is comfortable in a fast-paced work environment & interactions with all levels of leadership; customer service focused & able to provide a broad scope of human capital, resource support & financial program services both in person and to remote customers; exhibits attention to detail, sound judgment, creativity, strong logic & reasoning skills, discretion, and sensitivity to deadlines & protocol; has ability to interpret functional processes, drill down into details, ask relevant questions & create alternative solutions; collaborates with partners & builds trust in a team environment; possess a strong work ethic; experienced with excel & other Microsoft products as well as common governmental human capital & financial management programs and applications; conscientious & responsive; and comfortable working within a diverse & rapidly evolving organization.
Writing sample may be requested from applicants who are determined as qualified and referred to the selecting official.
This vacancy may be used to fill similar positions within 60 days for these locations.
At the full performance level, the Program Analyst:
- Serves as an expert on human capital and budget issues and act as a principal advisor on all program resource policy and planning matters to assure optimum utilization of the RRS resources and realization of accomplishments.
- Manages and oversees staffing, recruitment, retention and awards programs as well as training and workforce development programs.
- Manages, coordinates and facilitates a broad range of support services including facilities, property management, records management and IT support.
- Provides financial management of RRS funding accounts including generating obligation documents, ensuring appropriate expenditures and spending down accounts in accordance with the planned budget.
- Reviews budgetary input and make recommendations to the supervisor on whether proposed expenditures should be revised to ensure the maximum utilization of funds under current operating conditions.
- Manages and oversees the procurement of supplies, property and services acquired with Federal funds. Review and approve requests for adequacy, appropriateness, procedural requirements and compliance with agency and appropriate Federal procurement regulations.
- Prepares reports requiring use of financial and/or human capital data principals and/or program analysis techniques in evaluating data.
- Prepares responses to staffing and/or budget questions for consistency with long and near term policy objectives. Develops backup material in preparation for questions for the record, hearings and/or testimony.
Occasional travel - Some travel is required.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Applications will be accepted from any U.S. Citizen.
Current/former status employees and VEOA eligible veterans are encouraged to also apply to: FRA.S-2018-0008.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/488483000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.