The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling on those who want to help protect American interests and secure our Nation. DHS Components work collectively to prevent terrorism; secure borders and our transportation systems; protect the President and other dignitaries; enforce and administer immigration laws; safeguard cyberspace; and ensure resilience to disasters. We achieve these vital missions through a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; Join DHS.Learn more about this agency
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services secures America's promise as a nation of immigrants by providing accurate and useful information to our customers, granting immigration and citizenship benefits, promoting an awareness and understanding of citizenship, and ensuring the integrity of our immigration system. Visit us here for more information.
Every day, our Supervisory Immigration Services Analyst supervise a staff of subordinates responsible for performing a wide range of analytical functions including policy analysis, quality assurance, process improvement, resource analysis, and program analysis.
This position of SUPERVISORY IMMIGRATION SERVICES ANALYST starts at a salary of $96,970(GS-13, Step 01) grade level, with promotion potential to$126,062(GS-13, Step 10) grade level.
Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the Service Center Operations Directorate, Potomac Service Center in Arlington, VA within U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
For definitions of terms found in this announcement, please click here.
This position is not in the bargaining unit.
This position is not considered "essential" for purposes of reporting to work when the facility might otherwise be closed.
Relocation expenses are authorized if you are a USCIS employee assigned to the Refugee, Asylum and International Operations program and have been approved for rotation from an overseas assignment. Relocation expenses for USCIS employees assigned to an OCONUS location will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Note: USCIS may fill one or more positions using this vacancy.
As a SUPERVISORY IMMIGRATION SERVICES ANALYST, you will:
- Provides direction and guidance to non-supervisory employees in multiple facilities. Monitors/reviews studies in progress or on completion and presents findings to top level management.
- Resolves complex or unusual situations, analyzes legislative proposals, regulations and executive orders, and advises top management as to their probable effects on operations. Makes decisions and resolves problems involving the interpretation of law or unusual situations requiring interpretations and application of USCIS policy.
- Develops training programs and/or operating procedures to facilitate and implement changes in regulations or processes affecting subordinates' ability to perform their duties.
- Adjusts work operations to meet priorities or changing programs or production requirements within available resources and with minimum sacrifice of quantity and quality of work. Finds ways to improve production or increase the quality of work directed.
- Coordinates with other unit supervisors to oversee the work of contractors through contract managerial personnel to establish organizational objectives, goals, priorities and deadlines; formulates plans to meet substantial changes in workload.
- Carries out Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) policies and program activities, communicate support of these policies to subordinates and encourage active participation in EEO program activities and training. Cooperates in developing and carrying out affirmative action efforts regarding staffing, motivation and training to develop all employees. Cooperates in the investigation of formal and informal discrimination complaints, ensuring expeditious action. Cooperates with and assists the EEO Counselor in resolving informal complaints of discrimination. Cooperates and participates fully in the development of the EEO Affirmation Action Plan.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…All U.S. Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/488480800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.