The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win?in air, space and cyberspace.Learn more about this agency
To achieve that mission, the Air Force has a vision of Global Vigilance, Reach and Power. That vision orbits around three core competencies: Developing Airmen, Technology-to-Warfighting and Integrating Operations. Core competencies and distinctive capabilities are based on a shared commitment to three core values -- integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do.
This position is a Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel Systems (DCIPS) position implemented under Section 504, Title V of Public Law 99-569, Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 1987, as codified in Sec 1601, Chap 83 of Title 10 United States Code which sets forth Air Force policies and procedures for DCIPS. This position is in the Excepted Service.
DoD Components with DCIPS positions apply Veterans' Preference to preference eligible candidates as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 USC, in accordance with the procedures provided in DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 2005, DCIPS Employment and Placement. If you are a veteran claiming veterans' preference, as defined by section 2108 of Title 5 U.S.C., you must submit documents verifying your eligibility with your application package.
All new DCIPS employees are required to complete a two-year DCIPS trial period.
Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service. For additional information, click here
For additional information on DCIPS, click here
This is a GG-13 position in the Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS). The GG-13 duties for the "Professional" work category are at the "Full Performance" work level and are equivalent to those at the GS-13 level. The selectee's salary will be set within the grade equivalent to a GS/GG grade based on the selectee's qualifications in relation to the job.
The organizational location of this position is: AF A2IS FLD SPT OF DO, Kirtland AFB, NM
- Serves as an advisor to the Division Chief, coordinating efforts of military personnel, government civilians, and contractors, developing concepts of operations used to conduct thorough technology assessments and supporting field risk assessments
- Serves as a project team member or project team leader to assess and identify key issues and recommend solutions to complex problems in support of Combatant Command requirements
- Identifies, evaluates and tests the integration of existing or proposed technology against a wide range of targets for Combatant Commands, Military Services, Intelligence Community and other government agencies
- Advises the Division Chief and Director of Operations on operational and programmatic-related matters
- Participates in and almost always is the lead in select operational test and evaluation activities, data collection and analysis, development of operationally relevant test scenarios, development of operational risk assessment methodologies, structures for quick look and deliberate reporting of results
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/488471800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.