The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win?in air, space and cyberspace.Learn more about this agency
To achieve that mission, the Air Force has a vision of Global Vigilance, Reach and Power. That vision orbits around three core competencies: Developing Airmen, Technology-to-Warfighting and Integrating Operations. Core competencies and distinctive capabilities are based on a shared commitment to three core values -- integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do.
This position is a Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel Systems (DCIPS) position implemented under Section 504, Title V of Public Law 99-569, Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 1987, as codified in Sec 1601, Chap 83 of Title 10 United States Code which sets forth Air Force policies and procedures for DCIPS. This position is in the Excepted Service.
DoD Components with DCIPS positions apply Veterans' Preference to preference eligible candidates as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 USC, in accordance with the procedures provided in DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 2005, DCIPS Employment and Placement. If you are a veteran claiming veterans' preference, as defined by section 2108 of Title 5 U.S.C., you must submit documents verifying your eligibility with your application package.
All new DCIPS employees are required to complete a two-year DCIPS trial period.
Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service. For additional information, click here
For additional information on DCIPS, click here
***Salary Ranges shown includes locality***
This is a GG-11 position in the Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS). The GG-11 duties for the "Professional" work category are at the "Full Performance" work level and are equivalent to those at the GS-11 level. The selectee's salary will be set within the grade equivalent to a GS/GG grade based on the selectee's qualifications in relation to the job.
The organizational location of this position is: AF GLOBAL STRIKE CM 00A2, BARKSDALE AFB, LA
DUTIES: SECURITY SPECIALIST
- The primary purpose of this position is: To serve as a security specialist, providing information, industrial, personnel, and physical security program functions in support of the organization.
- Implements and administers the Information Security Program for the organization. Implement DOD, HQ USAF, and MAJCOM/FOA policies and develops local procedures for the classification and protection of classified national defense and other sensitive information originated or controlled by the organization's activities.
- Administers the Industrial Security Program for the organization. Reviews solicitation and contract documents to ensure they include the appropriate security clauses and language. Reviews DD Forms 254, Contract Security Classification Specifications, for technical accuracy and sufficiency of classification guidance prior to approval.
- Administers the Personnel Security Program for the organization. Establishes local procedure for processing requests for security clearances for military and civilian personnel.
- Implements and administers the Physical Security Program. Develops guidance and procedures that form the basis for the organization's physical security operations that met directives, local conditions, and requirements.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/488468700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.