THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a Logistics Management Specialist, PD D1957000and is part of the 158th Logistics Readiness Squadron of the Vermont Air National Guard.
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!Learn more about this agency
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
Vermont Air National Guard personnel who are bonus recipients/student loan repayment program recipients may have their benefits terminated and/or recouped if selected as a Permanent/Indefinite Military Technician. Applicants should contact the VTANG Incentive Manager at 802-660-5211 to determine any possible termination and/or recoupment actions that may result from accepting this position.
As a Logistics Management Specialist, GS-0346-09, your responsibilities will be:
(1) Reviews and evaluates all operations, deployment, contingency and exercise plans to ensure mission readiness for the Logistics Readiness Squadron. Analyzes exercise and contingency plans to determine required Logistics Readiness Squadron actions in support of mission requirements. Incumbent evaluates all equipment, manning and training requirements to meet deployment and pre-planned tasking. The position is responsible for coordination with other base organizations on applicable plans. This position manages the development of plans for deployments, contingency response, expeditionary support planning, sustainment, and redeployment. Prepares updates and reviews the Logistics Readiness Squadron contingency/ deployment, base support, and related plans. Coordinates plans and annexes with Logistics Readiness Squadron managers. Incumbent initiates all changes, modifications, additions and/or deletions to personnel and equipment tasking and assignments through the Logistics Readiness Squadron Commander.
(2) Develops, manages and controls Logistics Readiness Squadron training and career development programs. Incumbent is responsible for Automated Training Systems, products, and a multimedia library and for developing training policies and procedures. This position provides training guidance and/or assistance to work center supervisors. Chairs and conducts meetings with management to resolve critical or controversial training issues. Develops training, conducts and or coordinates formal classroom training, to include readiness deployment training for all Squadron personnel. The incumbent makes arrangements for all formal schools to include technical schools for all squadron career fields, supervisory/management training and computer training. Plans and initiates cross-training and familiarization training to effect better personnel utilization.
(3) Compiles and updates status of Logistics Readiness Squadron, to include tracking and reporting of personnel, training, equipment and supplies. The position is responsible for generation of reports and for the assignment of proper security, classification and storage of classified documents. Compiles and prepares Status of Resources and Training System, Defense Readiness Reporting System, and Air Expeditionary Force (AEF) Readiness Tool reports and provides status and readiness briefings to Squadron and Wing commanders. Identifies shortfalls and recommends corrective actions. The incumbent monitors personnel deployability. The incumbent implements local directives for the establishment and management of Personnel Readiness folders. This position includes responsibility for development, management and control of the deployment/redeployment of squadron personnel and equipment. Identifies requirements, develops procedures, and conducts training of assigned personnel.
(4) Coordinates, develops, and administers management training programs for supervisory personnel. Incumbent instructs management personnel and trainers on the concepts, scope and objectives of training programs. This position monitors the training necessary to ensure understanding of the Air Force management system. The incumbent develops programs to ensure core task proficiencies. This job involves providing guidance to section supervisors in the selection of Enlisted Specialty Training (EST) trainers and task certifiers. The incumbent coordinates Air Force Training Course (AFTC) for personnel. EST program includes management, qualification, upgrade, job knowledge, proficiency, professional development and general military training. Coordinates and manages exportable courses and Career Development Course Programs. The incumbent advises commander on training deficiencies and problem areas and recommends solutions. In coordination with supervisors, prepares long-range career development programs for enlisted personnel. The job involves determining training requirements by reviewing and correlating documentation and balancing training needs against available resources. Performs curriculum development functions for supply customers and EST and conducts formal classroom training. The incumbent ensures development of Master Training Plan for each Flight in the Logistics Readiness Squadron.
(5) Develops local training programs to accommodate supply procedural changes, and coordinates changes to other career field areas as directed, to improve operational effectiveness when management indicators reflect potential trouble areas. Prepares, schedules, coordinates or conducts Supply Customer related Block Training. Manages and conducts inspections of all squadron training areas to ensure that records are maintained in accordance with established directives.
(6) Performs other duties as assigned.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…All Members Of The Vermont Air National Guard and All Those Eligible To Become Members.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/488446600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.