This National Guard position is for a PRODUCTION CONTROLLER (AIRCRAFT), Position Description Number D0749000and is part of 155 MOF Nebraska Air National Guard.
Learn more about this agency
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is a Title 32 excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
FOR QUESTIONS REGARDING ELIGIBILITY TO JOIN THE NEBRASKA AIR NATIONAL GUARD PLEASE CONTACT THE LOCAL RECRUITING OFFICE AT 402-309-1172.
OPEN AREAS OF CONSIDERATION: AREA 1 and 2 ONLY
DEFINITION OF AREA(S) OF CONSIDERATION:
AREA 1: Current permanent and indefinite technicians of the Nebraska Army or Air National Guard; and current Title 5 employees of the Nebraska Military Department who are military members of the Nebraska National Guard.
AREA 2: All Drill Status/M-Day members and temporary technicians of the Nebraska Air or Army National Guard.
AREA 3: Current military service members who are willing and eligible to become members of the Nebraska Air or Army National Guard.
AREA 4: All qualified candidates eligible and willing to become a member of the Nebraska National Air or Army National Guard prior to the effective date of hire.
As a PRODUCTION CONTROLLER (AIRCRAFT), GS-1152-7/9, duties include:
1. Implements preliminary (advance) maintenance plans for assigned weapon systems and schedules immediate maintenance for transient aircraft. Designates, maintains and monitors current maintenance repair priorities of aircraft to ensure actuality and compliance with flying schedules. Authorizes and assigns aircraft maintenance jobs, job
control numbers either manually or through a computerized maintenance system, work priorities, and start and completion times for scheduled and unscheduled maintenance of aircraft. Conducts the control and dispatch of shop assignments. Monitors progress of job completion by dispatched personnel. Controls maintenance on
assigned aircraft and related support and training equipment. Takes prompt and decisive action to make on-the-spot adjustments to maintenance repair priorities necessitated by unscheduled maintenance requirements, and incorporates all unscheduled maintenance into a daily plan.
2. Maintains visual aids depicting status of maintenance actions in progress, special list availability and status of aerospace vehicles, aerospace ground equipment (AGE), training equipment, transportation and tow vehicles, munitions loads, arming of guns and munitions, and location of aircraft and dispatched AGE. Maintains a visual schedule of daily flying, noting deviations and cancelations.
3. Coordinates with Material Control on mission capable (MICAP) and non-mission capable status (NMCS) of parts, adjustments to in-shop work priorities, and verification of urgency of need designators. Determines the source of supply for cannibalization actions.
4. Coordinates with Quality Assurance on functional check flight (FCF) requirements, Air Operations on flying schedule, other maintenance shops for coordination of repair work and with other functional areas as required.
5. Requests necessary support services such as fire fighting activity standby, fuel and defuel and civil engineer support. Directs physical movement of aircraft and aerospace ground equipment.
6. Controls the maintenance communications and transportation systems to provide for the effective transmission of information and movement of material and maintenance
7. Develops and maintains current procedural check sheets for use during actions such as mass loads combat turnaround, broken arrow (nuclear emergency), emergency
notification, aircraft crash, flight line fire, severe weather warning evacuation. Monitors and revises the sequence of pre selected aircraft required for contingency commitments.
8. Makes required inputs to the automated data system and retrieves data and/or computer generated products as required.
9. Conducts training of assigned military personnel.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel for training and work related activities
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Nebraska National Guard Area 1 and 2 applicants
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/488442400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.