The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win?in air, space and cyberspace.Learn more about this agency
To achieve that mission, the Air Force has a vision of Global Vigilance, Reach and Power. That vision orbits around three core competencies: Developing Airmen, Technology-to-Warfighting and Integrating Operations. Core competencies and distinctive capabilities are based on a shared commitment to three core values -- integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do.
This position is a Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel Systems (DCIPS) position implemented under Section 504, Title V of Public Law 99-569, Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 1987, as codified in Sec 1601, Chap 83 of Title 10 United States Code which sets forth Air Force policies and procedures for DCIPS. This position is in the Excepted Service.
DoD Components with DCIPS positions apply Veterans' Preference to preference eligible candidates as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 USC, in accordance with the procedures provided in DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 2005, DCIPS Employment and Placement. If you are a veteran claiming veterans' preference, as defined by section 2108 of Title 5 U.S.C., you must submit documents verifying your eligibility with your application package.
All new DCIPS employees are required to complete a two-year DCIPS trial period.
Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service. For additional information, click here
For additional information on DCIPS, click here
This is an Occupational Grade 11 job in the Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS). Grade 11 duties for the Professional work category are at the Full Performance work level.
The organizational location of this position is: AF LIFE CYCLE MGT CE 00KW JBSA LACKLAND AFB, TX 78236.
***THIS POSITION IS ONLY OPEN TO CURRENT PERMANENT INTERNAL AIR FORCE DCIPS CIVILIANS***
- The purpose of this position is to perform a broad range of program analysis duties for Cryptographic Modernization Office. Performs a wide variety of budgetary and administrative functions.
- Performs budget formulation work involving preparation of detailed analysis and estimates of annual funding needs for current and future budget years. Performs budget execution work involving monitoring obligations incurred and the resulting expenditure of funds.
- Conducts all initial reviews of procurement requirements, estimates, and documentation submitted by item, product and program managers for compliance with regulatory and procedural guidance to ensure the propriety of appropriated funds use, by type and fiscal year, and hat requirements are within established funding lines by program.
- Coordinates with AF, NSA and other DoD agencies on contracting schedules and deliveries, cost overruns, and incentive payments, to determine validity of such payments in accordance with current DoD directives.
- Participates in the planning and programming functions by supporting translation of raw requirements data submitted by product or item managers into succinct funding issues for timely submission into Program Objective Memorandum (POM) resource cycles.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/488389300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.