The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win?in air, space and cyberspace.Learn more about this agency
To achieve that mission, the Air Force has a vision of Global Vigilance, Reach and Power. That vision orbits around three core competencies: Developing Airmen, Technology-to-Warfighting and Integrating Operations. Core competencies and distinctive capabilities are based on a shared commitment to three core values -- integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do.
- The primary purpose of this position is to render legal advice and opinions and to provide the services of a professional attorney and give continuity in legal matters to the Office of the Staff Judge Advocate with highest concentration of effort in performing legal services in supporting Headquarters Air Force (HAF) and Secretary of the Air Force (SAF) Services and related requirements as well as future major program outsourcing and insourcing efforts.
- Renders and prepares legal opinions and professional advice, oral and written. To include business judgment of proposed actions; reports and negotiations in very complex contract and procurement actions of very large dollar value; and presents legal reviews of contractual actions as requested.
- Analyzes problems in the Civil Law arena for impact with Acquisition Law and practice. Formulates opinions and recommends appropriate solutions or alternative courses of action for legal problems presented, including interpretation of various Federal statutes and regulations and implementing Air Force regulations and directives, again with minimal supervision.
- Provides legal advisory service to the command in connection with requests for release of contract information under the Freedom of Information Act. Provides legal advice on contract issues arising under the
- Privacy Act. Coordinates contract actions taken by the command with regard to both the Privacy Act and Freedom of Information Act with the U.S. Department of Justice, as required, and the Office of the Air Force Judge Advocate
- General, as required. Functions as Ethics Counselor for contract law activities.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Applications will be accepted from U.S. Citizens (U.S. citizenship required at time of application).
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/488376900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.