The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is not limited to those with current access to the installation, all interested parties are encouraged to apply. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) Preference eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)Learn more about this agency
Fort Leavenworth Family and MWR is recruiting for flexible status cooks for various operations - including but not limited to the Frontier Conference Center, 12th Brick Grill, Trails West Golf Course, and The Strike Zone Bowling Center. Flexible status employees are not guaranteed hours, however, can be scheduled to work up to 40 hours per week.
- Short order cook, responsible for cooking items ranging from sandwiches to pizza, preparing soups and salads, heating vegetables, preparing fried foods.
- Prepares raw food for recipes by peeling, chopping, grinding, paring, cutting, slicing, flouring, breading items per recipe requirements.
- Weighs, measures, and assembles necessary ingredients to fulfill order.
- Covers, dates, and stores leftovers according to established safety procedures.
- Operates kitchen equipment utilizing gas, electricity, steam or microwave heat sources.
- Disassembles, cleans and assembles equipment used in the cooking process (grills, panini presses, microwaves, bun toasters, fry vats, etc)
- Uses, cleans and sanitizes cooking utensils such as knives, cutting boards, measuring devices, counter tops and floors after each use
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/488376700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.