The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is not limited to those with current access to the installation, all interested parties are encouraged to apply. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) Preference eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)Learn more about this agency
Fort Leavenworth is located in the Greater Kansas City metropolitan area. The immediate area is considered a national treasure with historic sites and homes filled with small-town charm and friendliness merged with Kansas City retail, attractions and entertainment. Kansas City, well known for its BBQ, Jazz and fountains, is rich in culture with a thriving performing arts scene. Honored as one of the World's 15 Most Beautiful Concert Halls, the Kauffman Center attracts some of the world's most renowned performers and entertainers. For the sports enthusiasts, Kansas City hosts professional sports with the Royals, Chiefs and Sporting Kansas City soccer club. An international airport is conveniently located within a 30 minute drive of Fort Leavenworth. More information may be found at www.visitkc.com or https://garrison.leavenworth.army.mil/.
Fort Leavenworth Family and MWR is recruiting for flexible status cooks for various operations - including but not limited to the Frontier Conference Center, 12th Brick Grill, Trails West Golf Course, and The Strike Zone Bowling Center. Flexible status employees are not guaranteed hours, however, can be scheduled to work up to 40 hours per week.
Major duties include, yet are not limited to:
- Short order cook, responsible for cooking items ranging from sandwiches to pizza, preparing soups and salads, heating vegetables, preparing fried foods.
- Prepares raw food for recipes by peeling, chopping, grinding, paring, cutting, slicing, flouring, breading items per recipe requirements.
- Weighs, measures, and assembles necessary ingredients to fulfill order.
- Covers, dates, and stores leftovers according to established safety procedures.
- Operates kitchen equipment utilizing gas, electricity, steam or microwave heat sources.
- Disassembles, cleans and assembles equipment used in the cooking process (grills, panini presses, microwaves, bun toasters, fry vats, etc)
- Uses, cleans and sanitizes cooking utensils such as knives, cutting boards, measuring devices, counter tops and floors after each use.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…US Citizens and Non-Citizens
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/488376700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.