This position is located in the National Weather Service (NWS), National Centers for Environmental Prediction (NCEP), Central Operations, Operational Monitoring Branch with one vacancy located in College Park, MD.Learn more about this agency
This position is also announced under vacancy number NWS-NCEP-2018-0031, which is open to status candidates. You must apply to both announcements if you want to be considered for both.
* A one year probationary period may be required.
* Payment of relocation expenses is not authorized.
* This position is in the bargaining unit.
* This position requires shift work.
This Job Opportunity Announcement may be used to fill other IT Specialist (Application Specialist), GS-2210-12 positions throughout NOAA. The position must be alike (e.g.: within the same geographic locations, same grade/band and requires the same qualifications and specialized experience as indicated in this vacancy announcement).
As an IT Specialist (Application Specialist), you will perform the following duties:
- Develop and monitor IT software related to environmental observations and services.
- Monitor all types of National Weather Service infrastructure, to include numerous applications running on large computer systems.
- Ensure effective around-the-clock/24x7 operational support of the National Weather Service switching system, domestic network, radar data dissemination, NOAA’s Integrated Dissemination Program, and other operational distributed architecture systems.
- Assist in the operational testing/implementation in support of modernization and upgrade activities at National Center of Environmental Prediction (NCEP) Central Operations.
- Maintain problem tracking and resolution systems, including the management of customer service performance requirements.
Occasional travel - Up to 1% of domestic travel may be required.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…All qualified United States Citizens or Nationals.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/488357100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.