This is a TITLE 5 Excepted Service Position
This FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT TECHNICIAN, is located in the Air National Guard (ANG) Flying Wing, Comptroller Flight, Financial Management Section and is part of the CA 195th WG, National Guard.
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!Learn more about this agency
The position resides within the infrastructure and support functions of the state National Guard; the incumbent is not subject to mobilization, nor is the work described part of the military mission; and the incumbent does not perform a key advisory or essential administrative role that is inherently military. In addition, the position must meet one of the following: It does not have a comparable military function; the position is required in full-time (civilian) role when the organization, or similar military position, is mobilized to perform continuing post-mobilization functions; or the position requires a skill or competency that necessitates technical expertise or professional qualifications that cannot be readily found in the military structure of the state military force.
The primary purpose of the FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT TECHNICIAN, GS-0503-8, is to provide analysis, validation, processing and correction of financial transactions and issues/problems involving the full range of financial management services and accounting functions.
As a(n) FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT TECHNICIAN, you will:
· Perform in-depth analysis, complicated pay, travel, and accounts payable issues involving substantial corrective action and/or complicated adjustments and resolves issues, including assessing unusual circumstances or conditions;
· Research, interpret, analyze, and apply regulations, policies, procedures and legal decisions to work and/or resolve complex financial issues/problems;
· Determine appropriate pay, allowances, and entitlements resulting from multiple military and civilian statuses;
· Use computer master file systems, document processing and the effects of transactions on existing records to modify normal automated processes which protecting historical data;
· Respond to request for assistance from customer regarding financial processes.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…U.S. citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/488330400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.