This National Guard position is for a AIRCRAFT ELECTRICIAN, Position Description Number D1369000and is part of 155 MXS Nebraska Air National Guard.
Learn more about this agency
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
FOR QUESTIONS REGARDING ELIGIBILITY TO JOIN THE NEBRASKA AIR NATIONAL GUARD PLEASE CONTACT THE LOCAL RECRUITING OFFICE AT 402-309-1172.
OPEN AREAS OF CONSIDERATION: AREA 1, 2 and 3
DEFINITION OF AREA(S) OF CONSIDERATION:
AREA 1 - Current permanent and indefinite bargaining unit Technicians of the Nebraska Army or Air National Guard
AREA 2 - All Drill Status/M-Day members and temporary Technicians of the Nebraska Army or Air National Guard
AREA 3 - Current military service members who are willing to become a member of the Nebraska Army or Air National Guard
AREA 4 - All qualified candidates eligible and willing to become a member of the Nebraska Army or Air National Guard. Selected individual must become a member of the respective National Guard prior to the date of hire..
THE MAN YEAR FOR THIS POSITION IS OBLIGATED TO A TECHNICIAN ON MILITARY DUTY. SELECTEE MAY BE DISPLACED UPON RETURN OF THE INCUMBENT OR SELECTEE MAY BE CONVERTED TO PERMANENT APPOINTMENT IF THE INCUMBENT DOES NOT REQUEST REEMPLOYMENT. INDEFINITE EMPLOYMENT IS TEMPORARY IN NATURE AND WILL LAST MORE THAN ONE YEAR BUT NO MORE THAN SIX YEARS. BENEFITS ARE THE SAME AS A PERMANENT APPOINTMENT.
As a AIRCRAFT ELECTRICIAN, WG-2892-8/10, duties include:
(1) Performs maintenance, inspects, modifies, tests, services, troubleshoots, isolates malfunctions, and repairs the aircraft electrical/environmental systems and other aircraft systems. Performs maintenance and functional checks of main and emergency current generating systems, solid state direct current transformer rectifiers, external power monitors, ground power switching, circuit protection, load distribution, relay networks, interior/exterior lighting, landing gear control/position, audible/visual warning, engine starting, jet fuel starter, engine test cell instruments and controls, electronic components of flight controls, anti-ice, anti-skid, air conditioning, pressurization, heat, vent, cooling turbines, bleed air components, etc. Performs intermediate maintenance on cryogenic storage containers. Maintains and operates various types of test equipment such as digital and analog multimeters, frequency meters, constant speed drive test stands, voltmeters, ammeters, etc. Performs precise and advanced wiring maintenance procedures on aircraft and debriefs aircrews on the electrical/environmental systems. May clear red "X" conditions.
(2) Provides technical advice and troubleshooting expertise to other work centers as needed when electrical or environmental systems affect the aircraft systems such as radar, weapons release, navigation, communication, instruments, flight controls, pneudraulics, fuel or other systems/subsystems.
(3) Provides on-the-job training to lower graded personnel or to newly assigned personnel regardless of grade.
(4) Requisitions, processes, and accounts for supply assets as required by the repairable processing system. Documents maintenance actions and time accounting on maintenance forms and/or computer systems such as CEMS/CAMS. Maintains technical publications such as wiring diagrams and schematics, maintenance procedures and management forms.
(5) Complies with safety, fire, security, and housekeeping regulations and ensures that material and equipment are properly stored, protected, maintained and secured.
(6) May be required to perform duties as accumulation point manager for hazardous waste.
(7) Prepares for and participates in various types of readiness evaluations such as MEI, ORI, IG and UE inspections, mobility and command support exercises. May be required to perform such additional duties as structural fire fighting, aircraft fire/crash/rescue duty, security guard, snow removal, munitions loading and handling, heavy equipment operator, maintenance of facilities and equipment, or serve as a member of a team to cope with natural disasters or civil emergencies.
(8) Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel for training and work related activities
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/488326900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.