About the Position:
This recruitment is for an IT Specialist (InfoSec) (Recent Graduate), GS-2210 7/9/11/12 developmental position with the US Army Corps of Engineers, ACE-IT, Cyber Security Directorate. This announcement is for the GS-07 entry position. The GS-09 and GS-11 grade for this position are being recruited on a separate Announcement SWHB185342614292PR.
NOTE: Location is negotiable upon selection and salary ranges vary according to the geographic area locality tables. Rates shown under salary range is for the Rest of United States Special Rate Pay Table and are only a guide. Salary will depend upon the selectee's duty location.
Position(s) will be filled under the Department of the Army Recent Graduates Program. Click here for more information on Pathways program participation. After Program completion, Department of the Army Recent Graduates MAY be converted to a permanent position or to a term position (a project-based term of employment lasting between one and four years).
To be eligible for conversion to a permanent or term position, Recent Graduates must:
Successfully completed at least 1-year of continuous service in addition to all requirements of the Program.
EXCEPTION: Positions in the Instructional Systems (GS-1750) series, Operations Research (GS-1515) series, Accounting and Budget (GS-05XX) series, and all occupations covered by the Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) require a 24-month appointment period in order to complete the training and/or certification requirements specific to each occupation prior to conversion.
Demonstrate successful job performance.
Meet the Office of Personnel Management's qualifications for the position to which the Recent Graduate will be converted
To learn more, please visit the Office of Personnel Management webpage, Hiring Authorities: Students & Recent Graduates.
Who May Apply:
Positions are open to:
- Recent graduates who have completed, within the previous two years, a
qualifying associates, bachelors, masters, professional, doctorate, vocational
or technical degree or certificate from a qualifying educational institution. Students may apply within six months of meeting their education requirements.
- Preference eligible veterans who were precluded from applying due to their military service obligation begin their two-year eligibility period upon release or discharge from active duty. Eligibility for these veterans cannot exceed six years after degree or certificate completion.
This is a developmental GS-07 position leading to a target grade of GS-12. You will perform developmental assignments under closer than normal supervision. Assignments become progressively more difficult until the full performance level is reached. At the full performance level you will serve as an incident handler for USACE, ACE-IT for all computer incidents from discovery/detection, isolation, recovery/remediation, root cause analysis. You will participate in assessing the success of attacks, analyzing and exploiting vulnerabilities using tools, processes, and techniques designed to provide fact-based analysis to other stakeholders in the vulnerability disclosure process. The following are some of the duties you will perform at the full performance level:
- Monitor the Security Event and Incident Management (SEIM) and other enterprise tools for indications of a potential intrusion or violation
- Implement or recommend solutions for the isolation of the system(s) involved, oversee the eradication and recovery of the affected systems, and ensure the timely and accurate upward reporting.
- Identify the root-cause of incidents and recommend/implement the necessary changes to ensure enterprise correction of mis-configurations and vulnerabilities.
- Performs computer network defense (CND) incident triage, to include determining scope, urgency, and potential impact.
25% or less - Business Travel Conditions up to 25%
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Pathways Recent Graduates
- Recent graduates who have completed, within the previous two years, a qualifying associates, bachelors, masters, professional, doctorate, vocational or technical degree or certificate from a qualifying educational institution. Students may apply within six months of meeting their education requirements.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/488300200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.