The incumbent serves as Event Planning Specialist for the Chief of Protocol and Special Events under the Office of the Director. The purpose of the position is to provide constructive feedback, propose new and best practices surrounding special events, foster internal and external relationships, and assist in creating a productive and effective working team environment. This position is located in the National Gallery of Art, Office of Special Events. This office is responsible for coordinating receptions, symposia and other entertainment and protocol activities at the National Gallery of Art.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent will:
- Be responsible for handling Gallery-wide calendar. Working closely with internal departments to manage and rank events and schedule them accordingly, ensures the planning, preparation, and implementation are coordinated with a uniform standard.
- Under the supervision of the Chief of Protocol and Special Events, handles all staffing needs at Gallery events and manages and trains staff for their respective duties. Consults with the designated Event Manager to position staff for greatest need and success, and produces a staff assignment prior to each event. Once the event is complete, reviews and recommends ideas depending on the outcome of each event. Works at all events, which are typically held in the evenings after normal business hours, and occasionally on weekends.
- Manages events, including Director's luncheon and Executive Officer luncheons, dinners and receptions for corporate sponsors, breakfast for Development Committee and Collectors Committee, Tower Project events, Volunteer appreciation events, and Financial Officers Group meetings.
- Event Manger for Evenings at the Edge. Works closely with DE to coordinate programming and logistical needs.
- Assists event managers with projects as needed to enhance or support the event.
- Maintains a working knowledge of events and ideas being produced outside of the NGA. New concepts for special events are regularly suggested, as well as more functional and efficient workplace tools and strategies.
- Reviews and recommends effective technology applications to improve internal and external communications. Incumbent should promote innovation and effectiveness when advocating for potential stakeholders and tools. Works with the rest of the department to create a meaningful and effective Event Project Plan and Event Management system. While working with IT and other NGA departments, utilizes tools and software to create a functional and productive atmosphere.
- Provides a point of reference within the NGA organization for event best practices and innovative information. Consults with other NGA departments to create stronger working relationships and efficient tools.
- Within Special Events, provides internal support and elevates the quality of production through cohesive teamwork. Assists in creating a positive team environment within the department and provides support and feedback relating to office tasks and event management. Also, works to continue the longstanding traditions of the NGA.
- Represents the Gallery in a positive and professional manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…This vacancy is open to current Federal National Gallery of Art (NGA), Career or Career-Conditional employees only.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/488266900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.