WHAT DOES A STAKEHOLDER RELATIONSHIP TAX CONSULTANT DO?Learn more about this agency
As a Stakeholder Relationship Tax Consultant you will provide tax advice and assistance through the development, implementation, and coordination of promotional/marketing programs, products, and services to educate and assist taxpayers. You will be responsible for developing partnerships which will have national implications and broad impact on the compliance behavior of a large portion of the taxpayer population. The programs will provide technical and procedural advice and assistance to taxpayers, tax practitioners, Certified Public Accountants (CPAs), business owners, attorneys, stakeholders and partners.
WHAT IS THE WAGE AND INVESTMENT (W&I)DIVISION:
The Wage & Investment Division (W&I) serves about 122 million taxpayers who file upwards of 94 million returns each year. Key W&I objectives are to provide high-quality taxpayer assistance, and to enable taxpayers to transact and communicate electronically to file their returns, make payments and receive assistance. W&I partners with private organizations to provide assistance to such disadvantaged groups as elderly and low-income taxpayers.
2 positions are located in Wage & Investment Division, Customer Assistance Relationship and Education (CARE). Stakeholder Partnerships Education & Communication (SPEC) Area 2. 500 Woodward Ave Detroit, MI (MI3044).
As a Stakeholder Relationship Tax Consultant:
- Review and analyze taxpayers’ financial information, and methods to recommend alternatives for filing and payment of federal taxes.
- Review and analyze survey data to recommend improvements to existing products and services.
- Provide technical tax law policies, practices, and principles.
- Coordinate activities to plan and resolve issues regarding marketing/promotional ideas.
- Develop, recommend and implement marketing plans, for agency programs and products.
- Create and disseminate news releases, newsletters, flyers, bulletins, media events, web pages, product lines, or other marketing promotions.
- Provide administrative and logistical support for educational and marketing activities, including ordering of materials, booth set-up and general support.
- Initiate and develop relationships with a wide range of stakeholders to advance IRS compliance initiatives through education, outreach and volunteer tax preparation.
Occasional travel - 1-5 Travel Nights per Month
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Current IRS Internal/Agency Employees
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/488249100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.