The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is not limited to those within the local commuting area, all interested parties are invited to apply. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) Preference eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)Learn more about this agency
Fort Leavenworth is located in the Greater Kansas City metropolitan area. The immediate area is considered a national treasure with historic sites and homes filled with small-town charm and friendliness merged with Kansas City retail, attractions and entertainment. Kansas City, well known for its BBQ, Jazz and fountains, is rich in culture with a thriving performing arts scene. Honored as one of the World's 15 Most Beautiful Concert Halls, the Kauffman Center attracts some of the world's most renowned performers and entertainers. For the sports enthusiasts, Kansas City hosts professional sports with the Royals, Chiefs and Sporting Kansas City soccer club. An international airport is conveniently located within a 30 minute drive of Fort Leavenworth. More information may be found at www.visitkc.com or https://garrison.leavenworth.army.mil/.
Child, Youth & School Services are essential family programs which directly support the military lifestyle and reduce the conflict between parental responsibilities and mission requirements. We strive to meet the needs of our patrons and the installation mission through these systems:
1) Child Development Services (Child Development Centers & Family Child Care)
2) School Age Center
3) Youth Services
4) Parent Outreach Services
These services are a supplement and support to our families who are the primary agents in the care and development of their children. CYS Services offers a range of age appropriate opportunities and activities for children and youth ages 4 weeks to 18 years.
Applicants can be selected for any facility with a vacancy at time of application.
Major Duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Responsible for maintaining control of and accounting for the whereabouts and safety of the children and youth in care; assists is maintaining program participant data.
- Assist in preparing and carrying out planned activities for individual age groups and differing development stages within that age group.
- Interacts with children and youth using approved child guidance and youth development techniques in a positive nurturing environment.
- Observes participants for signs of illness, abuse or neglect, reporting each as necessary; notes and follows special instructions provided by parents, in accordance with applicable rules and regulations.
- Sanitizes equipment and toys, noting and reporting any safety concerns.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…US Citizens and Non-Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/488169300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.