The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is not limited to those within the local commuting area, all interrested parties are encouraged to apply. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)Learn more about this agency
Fort Leavenworth is located in the Greater Kansas City metropolitan area. The immediate area is considered a national treasure with historic sites and homes filled with small-town charm and friendliness merged with Kansas City retail, attractions and entertainment. Kansas City, well known for its BBQ, Jazz and fountains, is rich in culture with a thriving performing arts scene. Honored as one of the World's 15 Most Beautiful Concert Halls, the Kauffman Center attracts some of the world's most renowned performers and entertainers. For the sports enthusiasts, Kansas City hosts professional sports with the Royals, Chiefs and Sporting Kansas City soccer club. An international airport is conveniently located within a 30 minute drive of Fort Leavenworth. More information may be found at www.visitkc.com or https://garrison.leavenworth.army.mil/.
Fort Leavenworth Family, Morale, Welfare and Recreation (FMWR) division is recruiting dedicated employees to help support the FMWR programs, our soldiers and their family members as Food and Beverage Attendants for the Frontier Conference Center, Trails West Golf Course and Java Cafe'.
Salary for this position is based on Federal Wage Scale requirements. Beginning pay will be $10.24 per hour with automatic time in grade step increases, with satisfactory performance, with a maximum pay of $11.96.
Major duties include, yet are not limited to:
- Operates a cash register, or credit card swipe station, giving correct change when necessary.
- Cleans kitchen utensils, pots, pans, storage containers, as well as sweeping and mopping the floor.
- Maintains cleanliness of dining, buffet, and banquet area.
- Restocks storeroom, walk in refrigerator/freezer, front line refrigerators, freezers, coolers, and dry goods.
- Responsible for cleaning of dining area, to include but not limited to wiping tables, chairs, emptying the trash, and vacuuming.
- May operate a beverage cart on the golf course, working independently, to include loading and unloading the beverage cart in accordance with set standards.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…US Citizens and Non-Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/488155900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.