OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" - by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?Learn more about this agency
**This job is open to Current VA Pacific Islands Health Care System Employees Only**
The Optometry Technician positions are located in the Specialty Care Service at the VA Pacific Islands Health Care System in Honolulu, Hawaii. The incumbents will serve as Health Technicians in the Optometry Clinic and will report directly to the Specialty Care Nurse Manager. Major duties include, but are not limited to:
- Obtaining and recording patient case history, including medical and ocular history;
- Measuring distance and near visual acuities with and without optical correction;
- Performing color vision testing;
- Performing automated static and kinetic visual field testing;
- Performing automated keratometry;
- Receiving and screening telephone calls and inquiries;
- Assisting Optometry Clinic staff in the examination, treatment and delivery of care.
Work schedule: Monday - Friday from 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Not available
Telework: Not available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description Title/PD#: Health Technician (Optometry)/PD# 03515A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Open to VA Pacific Island HCS Only - Internal Employee
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/488144100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.