About the Position:
This position is part of the Army Civilian Training, Education, and Development System (ACTEDS) and is a CIVILIAN position with the Department of Army. The incumbent will serve as a Environmental Engineer trainee with the United States Army Corps of Engineers (USACE).
- This is a Career Program (CP) #18 position.
- Position(s) will be filled under the Department of the Army Pathways Recent Graduates Program.
- Federal employees in Honolulu, Hawaii are currently entitled to receive a 10.99% Cost of Living Allowance (COLA) in addition to the base salary.
To be eligible for conversion to a permanent or term position, Recent Graduates must:
- Successfully complete at least 1 year of continuous service in addition to all requirements of the Program.
- Demonstrate successful job performance.
- Meet the Office of Personnel Management's qualifications for the position to which the Recent Graduate will be converted.
Who May Apply:
Positions are open to:
- Recent graduates who have completed, within the previous two years (or will complete no later than May 2018), a qualifying associates, bachelors, masters, professional, doctorate, vocational or technical degree or certificate from a qualifying educational institution.
- Preference eligible veterans who were precluded from applying due to their military service obligation begin their two-year eligibility period upon release or discharge from active duty. Eligibility for these veterans cannot exceed six years after degree or certificate completion.
As a Environmental Engineer (INTERN) you will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Assist in the design of environmental engineering systems or solutions using established criteria or specifications.
- Monitor environmental engineering projects and resources.
- Identify environmental engineering problems and recommend corrective action.
- Review technical environmental engineering project design documents and submittals.
Occasional travel - Up to 15% business travel required.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Recent Graduates
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/488120300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.