This position is located within National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS), Office of Protected Resources (OPR), Silver Spring, MD.Learn more about this agency
This position will be filled under the DOC Alternative Personnel System (CAPS). This system replaced the Federal GS pay plan and structure. Under CAPS, positions are classified by career, pay plan, and pay band.
The ZP-05 is equivalent to the GS-15.
The full performance level of this position is ZP-05.
This position is also announced under vacancy number NMFS-PR-2018-0002, which is open to status candidates. You must apply to both announcements if you want to be considered for both.
* A one year supervisory probationary period may be required.
* Payment of relocation expenses is not authorized.
* This position is not in the bargaining unit
* This position requires the submission of a Financial Disclosure Form, SF 450.
This Job Opportunity Announcement may be used to fill other Supervisory Fishery Resource Management Specialist, ZP-0401-05 positions throughout NOAA. The position must be alike (e.g.: within the same geographic locations, same grade/band and requires the same qualifications and specialized experience as indicated in this vacancy announcement).
The individual selected for this position will:
- Serve as the Deputy office Director.
- Oversee the formulation of policies, plans, and procedures of all major functions of the Office of Protected Resources (OPR).
- Utilize expertise in natural resource conservation and management legislation and regulation knowledge to provide program oversight and direction.
- Perform budget planning, formulation and implementation for the program and oversee resources and personnel.
- Perform oversight, management, and supervision of federal and contract personnel.
- Provide overall direction to subordinate staff and define organizational objectives and standards, including evaluating the work performance of subordinates.
- Interview staff and supervisory candidates, recommend appointment, promotion or reassignments, and implement disciplinary measures as needed.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…All qualified United States Citizens or Nationals.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/488109600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.