Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.Learn more about this agency
About the Position:
The Allergen Extract Laboratory is located at the Forrest Glen Annex in Silver Spring, Maryland. This location is a short commute away from Washington D.C. and For George Meade Army Post. Forrest Glen Annex is a tenant organization of Fort Detrick, Maryland. Learn more about this location at http://www.detrick.army.mil/tenants/index2.cfm
This position will be filled at the GS-07 level. Non-competitive promotion to the full performance level (GS-08) is authorized.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
The major duties of this position are, but not limited to:
- Review and process patient specific allergen extract vaccine prescriptions.
- Perform aeroallergen and food diagnostic testing material requests as prescribed by an Allergist.
- Utilize Extract Laboratory Management System (ELMS) web base computer application to retrieve and input data related to allergen vaccinations.
- Perform aseptic technique and sterility testing procedures.
- Review billing reports and prescription requests for appropriate reimbursable contract charges.
- Utilize and comply with Standard Operating Procedures for processing, review and shipping of allergen extract products.
- Assist with addressing supply inventory needs and allergen extract stock level determinations.
- Utilize ELMS to verify and validate the accuracy of the compounding procedure by implementing several quality assurance measures to assure accuracy of allergen extract vaccine contents, prescribed dosage, available and desired concentration, patient profile documentation.
- Train new employees and answer technical inquiries regarding the use of ELMS and inquiries related to processing of patient allergen extract prescriptions.
- Interpret allergen extract vaccine prescriptions and reviews for accuracy of dosage amounts, units of potency, concentration and manufacturer sources.
- Utilize office automation such as Medical Record Classification Systems.
- Maintain and store allergen vaccinations in compliance with regulations and procedures.
- Formulate exact allergen vaccinations using mathematical computations.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…US Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/488107800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.